Geek Survival

Posted by: Anonymous

Geek Survival - 08/17/06 04:41 PM

You can find survival gear in some surprising places. ThinkGeek has some interesting items available....

Van Hoy Snap-Lock Knife - 3" blade, 1-hand opening, all stainless steel construction, 1.5 ounces.

Maya Dust - Fatwood chips in a small tin, for use as tinder.

ToolLogic Knife/Firestarter - A 2" stainless steel folder that carries a magnesium firestarter and flint in the handle. The blade has a special notch for striking the flint.

Mini Maglite Conversion Kits - Two different kits: one allows you to convert a MiniMag from incandescent to multi-LED. The other installs a special switch that allows you to select from 100% power, 50% power, 25% power, slow strobe, and fast strobe.

Microjet Torch Kit - Turn a regular butane lighter into a mini-torch with a wind-proof flame and waterproof piezo electronic ignition system.

What the hell - geeks like tools that are small, highly functional, and well-designed. So a lot of what they like, we might like.
Posted by: REDDOG79

Re: Geek Survival - 08/19/06 03:44 AM

From experience the snap lock is not an EDC knife. It doesn't really lock and i have almost cut myself with mine. I really liked it for the "cool" way it opened but now wish i had bought the CRKT M-16 even if it was a combo edge. YMMV

Kirby