The matrix and new members

Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

The matrix and new members - 02/20/02 04:13 PM

Matrix, isn't that a Sci-Fi movie? The forum admin got lost in a cyber maze and died clutching an Altoid tin? I like the idea. As I posted earlier, Doug is very busy travelling to seminars etc. I want to run this by him. I would also like to encourage any efforts to get more women and children active on the forum. We have the active members in Scouting and There is the "Clutch a Tree" link.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: The matrix and new members - 02/20/02 11:36 PM

Matrix is a fancy name for a chart or any other representation of a mutli-linked structure, such as crystaline chemestry. It's also a kind of math that really, really sucks to do by long hand.<br><br>Or am I again demonstrating that even if you carry trickster magic, it doesn't mean you get the jokes? I am the universe's straight man. smile
Posted by: johnbaker

Re: The matrix and new members - 02/21/02 02:55 AM

A matrix would be useful since it would allow us to show and develop all of the many uses of our gear. Certainly a lot of the applications are anything but obvious.<br><br>In the meantime I urge all other newbies to read all of the old posts. I've really expanded my knowledge of survival tools and techniques by doing that. Also, using the Advanced Search button about one inch down from the top of the screen allows for focused research on individual topics.<br><br>Anyway, those approaches have helped me.<br><br>John
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: The matrix and new members - 02/25/02 10:21 PM

I will forever be put off by any 'Matrix' after having to drop and retake my Linear Algebra class. Ugh. I still get nightmares.