Braiding Paracord?

Posted by: krell75460

Braiding Paracord? - 05/28/06 10:56 AM

Anyone know of a good site to teach how to braid Paracord?
Posted by: KR20

Re: Braiding Paracord? - 05/28/06 02:17 PM

Start Here

Posted by: jmarkantes

Re: Braiding Paracord? - 05/28/06 06:20 PM

These two websites are insanely full of information. Maybe not the best place to start learning, just from information overload, but it will always be interesting:
Knots on the Web (Peter Suber)
Roper's Knot Pages

For learning, I'd check a library or bookstore. There's about as many books on knots as webpages, but the easiest to use and most useful I've found is The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Knots & Ropework, by Geoffrey Budworth. Got the first edition (with very minor errors, being a first edition) for $15 at Powells.

J
Posted by: Raspy

Re: Braiding Paracord? - 05/30/06 06:14 AM

I would say the best knot for braiding paraxcord is the Slatt's Rescue belt knot Slatt's Knot
While the belt is great [and I'm wearing one as I type this] Don't limit yourself with the idea the only thing is a belt. The width is only limited to where you want to stop. What about a square or rectangular mat that will just fit a hip pocket. Nice padding. Maybe a pot holder sized one. Works as one in addition to lifting hot pots a ready supply of cordage.

The Knot works great with 550 cord but can work with any size cordage. Think lighter stuff to make a decorative hat band. Climbuing rope could be made into a sleeping mat. The list is endless. Use your imagination.