Signal mirror in PSK

Posted by: schaz

Signal mirror in PSK - 02/05/02 06:30 PM

I just purchased a small signal mirror manufactured by Skyblazer. It fits very easily in an altoids tin, and comes with an adhesive paper protector for the mirror, and a sighting grid.<br><br> I was thinking that I could attach it to the top with a dab of rubber cement to the top of the PSK and sticking the back side to the dab of cement, and peel it out of the tin when needed.<br><br> Any comments?<br><br> Thanks<br> Seth
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Signal mirror in PSK - 02/05/02 11:54 PM

Are you talking about glueing to the inside or outside? I would just store it inside with the softer items as a cushion; bandages, ointment packets, instruction sheet etc. Some of our kits are akin to Jack-in-the-boxes when opened allready. Trying to peel off a mirror is just another hassle.
Posted by: schaz

Re: Signal mirror in PSK - 02/06/02 03:33 AM

I was thinking of the inside. The idea of gluing it was so it wouldn't be one more thing to keep track of when the kit was opened.<br><br> Seth
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Signal mirror in PSK - 02/06/02 05:31 AM

Your idea makes sense for the everyday utilization of the kit. If you are in a true survival scenario then Id get the mirror and whistle on a neck lanyard ASAP. It's an old cliche' of Hollywood, but scrambling for a signalling device while the helicopter or ship disappears is not part of our gameplan ;O)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Signal mirror in PSK - 02/06/02 02:23 PM

i do have a cheap thin(plastic) mirror in my psk, just in case glued to the inside top.<br>i also have a better one i keep on my body. not only for fast signal., but being in the army,for every day shaving/cammo ect. both are good ideas.