Civilian Labs

Posted by: SARbound

Civilian Labs - 04/14/06 08:09 PM

Did anyone ever see these nice pouches? *drools*

Civilian Labs gear (click on Products)

I could use one of these! Maybe the answer for a decent chest pouch I have been searching for ages, to carry items while hiking or during SAR operations, to avoid stopping/taking my main pack off.
Posted by: jamesraykenney

Re: Civilian Labs - 04/14/06 08:54 PM

TAD Gear carries them, and it is easier to navigate their pictures... http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/gear%20organizers%20main/civilian.htm
Posted by: ironraven

Re: Civilian Labs - 04/14/06 08:57 PM

Seen them, interested, but pricy.

Also, they LOOK like a shoulder holster. As big as they are, they will print if not carried in the open. You'll spook the commoners, and others. (And they would get in the way of my shoulder holsters. :P )
Posted by: harrkev

Re: Civilian Labs - 04/15/06 11:29 AM

I love it when a web site is 100% flash.

No flash player = no view site.

If I can't even trust them to build a proper web site....
Posted by: Polak187

Re: Civilian Labs - 04/15/06 03:18 PM

I saw their rigs in person and I'm impressed with their quality but I still think they are more designed towards urban environment. But they are great, solid just weird looking. Also they look much roomier in pictures than they actually are.

I had a bad experience with shoulder rig when younger. If anyone here remembers Psion computers they had a shoulder storage rig for one of their machines. I was wearing one on the train and closed my eyes when comming back from work late at night. Next thing I know I was starring in the barrel of the handgun and transit cop was asking me not to move or I get shot. When we sorted out the situation I was advised not to wear it in public.