Blood type tapes

Posted by: Malpaso

Blood type tapes - 03/21/06 11:26 PM

Anyone using these on their gear?
Blood type tapes

Looks like a good idea. I just ordered one, I'll see how it works out.
Posted by: bubbajoe

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/21/06 11:56 PM

I'm not knocking this product or anything, but i'm curiuos as to how its used and in what application? could you use a marker to mark some ones arm or hand or if you had to use a piece of duct tape.

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 12:05 AM

It is used attached to your gear, so that it is visible to medical personnel if you go down and are unconcious, and unable to give the information yourself. It's a timesaver if you are in need of blood.
Posted by: Susan

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 01:33 AM

I'd rather be wearing the info. Your gear ends up lying beside your buddy, you're both unconscious. You're O-Pos, he's AB-Neg. If medical personnel DID start blood running without bloodtyping, he goes into shock.

Try dogtags, they're harder to exchange.

Sue
Posted by: duckear

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 02:03 AM

No one in the US is going to transfuse someone based on a patch or sticker on their backpack. MAYBE in military, but in a regular ol hospital? No way. You will type and cross matched blood or O negative in an emergency.

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 02:29 AM

Exactly, these aren't intended for ending up in a regular hospital.
Posted by: CJK

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 02:58 AM

There is a reason you hear trauma surgeons calling for O-Neg. Everyone can get it. In a true life or death in a minute emergency...they'll go with O-Neg and do a type and cross to get a better match for the next round.
Posted by: Polak187

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 04:51 PM

I have one on my backpack, one on my duty belt and also my blood type is on my dog tags.

Great idea.

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 06:18 PM

Matt, where did you get the pile tape that your name, blood and flag patches are on?

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 06:37 PM

http://www.supplycaptain.com/

Good guy. Does excelent work and he is fast.
Posted by: X-ray Dave

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 07:23 PM

Good people at Supply Captain.

Dave
Posted by: Still_Gator

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 07:25 PM

Hey Matt,

Is that MAP their "sage" color? TIA.

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/22/06 11:04 PM

Yeah it is the map 3500 in sage. Great pack.
Posted by: Still_Gator

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/23/06 03:28 AM

Thanks! It looks a lot more grey to me than what's listed on Amron's site. You like the mesh panel on the back part? And how's it carry a load with the belt? I've found that most packs in this range have an inadequate waist belt. Thanks again,

Re: Blood type tapes - 03/23/06 06:11 PM

I'm used to the mesh panel from my old Arcteryx pack so it is all right with me. I think it really adds to air ciculation. Waist belt is ok with right load distribution. When pack is full it seems to work best. When pack is half empty load shift very easily since the belt is anchored from the center and doesn't "hug" the entire bottom of the pack. Belt itself is very well padded and comfortable. I solved my shifting problem by placing heavier load on the bottom. It is a great pack for the money. I'm trying to justify Kifaru marauder with side pockets and I just can't find anything really wrong with my MAP.