Orange Trashbags

Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Orange Trashbags - 01/26/02 12:04 AM

Barry at Blue Line outfitters kindly just sent a 55gallon orange bag, 6mil. It is vastly superior to what I was able to locate ( or afford.) I used it recently cooking for the local cubscouts ( they survived.) I donned it at 4A.M. while starting up my Dutch ovens. temp was approx. 40 degrees with a wind chill . It worked very nicely and was readily spotted by a father buzzing us in his Stearman biplane. The thick mil is bulkier than usual offerings, but carefull folding( to purge air) and my topos inside made for a ready unit in my coat game pocket. An improptu tear test sacking out a colt demonstrated good performance under 1000lbs of shod hoof.
Posted by: AyersTG

Re: Orange Trashbags - 01/26/02 01:41 AM

Chris - I bet those are stout! I've got 3 mil 55gal bags and they seem like armor compared to normal bags. Any idea how much each one weighs? I can figure it out if I have to, but I'm lazy and it's Friday night...<br><br>Tom
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Orange Trashbags - 01/26/02 03:05 AM

Approx. 1 lb. My 6'2" frame was well covered with lots of room for expedient insulation.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Orange Trashbags - 01/26/02 03:49 AM

Welcome back Chris!!! Thanks for the plug. The bags weigh in at 12.8 ounces.
Posted by: uw89

Re: Orange Trashbags - 01/29/02 12:03 AM

I was putting on the snow tires this weekend, as we had a bit of snow in the mild Pacific NW, and I had a another option staring me in the face. The local tire dealer, Les Schwab, puts your tires in a bright yellow “plastic bag” after changing them. This bag is tough as nails and extremely puncture resistant, plus its bright yellow color is terrific for spotting. Seems to be a great option and maybe easier to obtain.