International Travel

Posted by: ToddG

International Travel - 03/07/01 02:49 AM

Hi All!,<br><br>I posted this question once before and got some great replies. Now That I am back on the forum and there are lots of new members I thought I would try again.<br>I will be traveling internationaly in the next few years, the first major trip is 3 weeks in China, and I would feel much more comfortable if I could carry a kit. BUT trying to get chemical fire starters and bladed objects past airport security tends to be a bad plan. Does anyone out there have experiance with just what the airlines and custom folks will let past and what they will not?<br>Any ideas on what could go in a kit designed specificaly for air travel?<br><br>Thanks,<br>Todd<br><br>
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: International Travel - 03/07/01 04:35 AM

PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. China or Nationalist?Don't carry any photos of the Dalai Llama<br><br>
Posted by: ToddG

Re: International Travel - 03/07/01 04:39 AM

{Chuckle} Mainland......trekking along the Wall......<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: International Travel - 03/07/01 05:18 AM

Chemical of unstable nature are a definitely not allowed. As far as blades I have taken a simple swiss army and leatherman folders on European and domestic flights and never got a second look when going through security. I would have second thoughts about a solid tang knife even inside of check in luggage, customs agents can be tough. Safe travel to you<br><br>