More small packaging containers

Posted by: hillbilly

More small packaging containers - 04/28/05 10:30 PM

I found a bunch of the old fashioned Band-aid metal tins at wal-mart the other day.
Also has anyone used those $1 first aid boxes from Johnson & Johnson for kits?
Posted by: X-ray Dave

Re: More small packaging containers - 04/28/05 11:36 PM

I bought some at the $1.00 store and "upgraded" them, since there was plenty of room left, for X-mas last year. The containers that Airborne cold medicene comes in look usefull, too.

Dave
Posted by: tfisher

Re: More small packaging containers - 04/29/05 01:27 PM

That was the first containers I used, back when I was a kid in 196?(has it been that long). I used to wrap everything in aluminum foil to keep it dry and fresh. Needless to say that didn't work but the containers were handy. I had one for survival items one for fishing items. I hid a fishing pole in an old abandoned well. I put my two kits in my pocket jump on the school bus at one stop jumped off at a different stop near the fishing hole and skipped a day of school. Those were the days.
Posted by: cliff

Re: More small packaging containers - 04/29/05 11:01 PM

Back in my youth, I also built several "survival kits" using Band-Aid tins. They held a lot of essentials, such as Sweet-Tarts, Lifesavers, and a ‘Man-from-U.N.C.L.E.’ decoder ring. (I was 10. Sue me.) My first "adult" PSK was also built round a Band-Aid tin. But, they are somewhat too bulky for pocket carry. And, the darn top kept coming undone!

But as I have grown older, wiser, and, ahem..... more mature, I have gone the Altoids route. However, a little tin caught my eye several years ago - a Coleman's Mustard tin. The one with the friction fit plastic top. Good size, and could be used as a cup. I have not actually tried it because, well, my wife still has powdered mustard in it. So in the interest of domestic tranquility, I have to wait...............

Do you know how long it takes a family of four to use 6 ounces of powdered mustard?

If you said a loooooooong time, go to the front of the class.

…..CLIFF
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: More small packaging containers - 05/01/05 11:35 PM

I've thought about using them, but I thought they don't make Band Aids in metal boxes anymore?