Best lockblade wilderness surv. knife

Posted by: Anonymous

Best lockblade wilderness surv. knife - 03/31/05 09:14 PM

What is the best lockblade wilderness survival knife?(overall)

Re: Best lockblade wilderness surv. knife - 03/31/05 09:29 PM

In my opinion, for the money, it's the Benchmade Griptilian series.

Though I have never even seen one, I believe most would say that the Chris Reeve Sebenza is the very best if money is no object.
Posted by: rbruce

Re: Best lockblade wilderness surv. knife - 03/31/05 10:52 PM

I like the Al Mar SERE 2000. It was designed by, I believe, the founder of the Army SERE school, for use as a survival knife. The SERE 2000 has a very solid lock, comfortable handle, and rides well in my pocket. This is my current EDC knife, and I have carried it longer than any other knife.

Robert
Posted by: groo

Re: Best lockblade wilderness surv. knife - 03/31/05 11:16 PM

Quote:
Chris Reeve Sebenza is the very best if money is no object.

It's nice. Cheaper alternatives may exist, though. If you want an S30V blade, go with Doug's
RSK, based on the Griptilian frame.

If you also want titanium scales and a frame lock, the Benchmade Mini Skirmish looks
interesting. It's (almost) like a Sebenza at half the price.

Re: Best lockblade wilderness surv. knife - 03/31/05 11:40 PM

I've heard that Buck is good, but I have never tried one. I
Posted by: bountyhunter

Re: Best lockblade wilderness surv. knife - 04/01/05 06:27 AM

RC:

The one you have on you when the excretement hits the oscillating blade.

Bountyhunter
Posted by: brian

Re: Best lockblade wilderness surv. knife - 04/01/05 07:34 PM

I have tried every lockblade on earth including practically the entire Benchmade line. I say from my experience that the Sebenza is without a doubt #1. It's one tuff knife. I use mine a daily and it has a rock solid lockup and no wiggle at all. Not to mention the S30v both takes and holds an edge amazingly and I have yet to stain or rust it. It's the one and only folder I own now and I have kept it longer (it's actually my second sebbie) than any other folder to date if that tells you anything. Heck, before the sebenxa the only thing I truely trusted for EDC was a fixed blade.
Posted by: garrett

Re: Best lockblade wilderness surv. knife - 04/02/05 01:39 AM

Spyderco Military.

Great blade, solid lock and light wieght. I have this knife in EDC rotation, and always, ALWAYS, take it to the field with me.

Garrett
Posted by: rodmeister

Re: Best lockblade wilderness surv. knife - 04/02/05 03:03 AM

I second that. Sebenza is a nice knife - I have two of them. One of them is a large wood inlay, and it's almost too nice to use. But the one I'll end up using is my Umfaan, a miniaturized version of Sebenza, because it's always with me. I have three Umfaans. Chris Reeve knives are addicting.