Survival Equipment Sources

Posted by: Jagd

Survival Equipment Sources - 03/14/05 10:22 AM

I can get some here, and a little there, but where are your sources for your survival gear? Is there a "Super Survival Store" of sorts that has the best selection and prices?
Posted by: Polak187

Re: Survival Equipment Sources - 03/14/05 01:17 PM

Negative. There is no ONE do it/sell it all store. A lot of times more sophisticated stores won;t carry the cheap basics. But to name a few:
www.tadgear.com - I don't like them (personal experience) but they have great selection of stuff
www.rei.com - great selection but pricey
www.countycomm.com - they carry a wide selection of supplies, good prices but they don't get to deep into survival

I'm sure guys will recommend other stuff. This board doesn't have trade forum but other boards do. So... Check there.

I understand where you are comming from as far as asking for one superstore. Whenever I replenish my kit I always get pissed off that I have to order supplies from multiple sources which makes my shipping charges crazy.
Posted by: paramedicpete

Re: Survival Equipment Sources - 03/14/05 03:25 PM

If you have not done so, check out Doug's listings of retail supply companies, it is a wealth of information.

http://www.equipped.org/sources2.htm

Pete
Posted by: X-ray Dave

Re: Survival Equipment Sources - 03/14/05 07:01 PM

www.eknifeworks.com

Major Surplus & Survival

www.sportsmansguide.com

Posted by: Dan

Re: Survival Equipment Sources - 03/14/05 07:31 PM

I just hit the Best Glide web site and they have launched a new site...
http://www.bcbsurvivalusa.com/
its worth a look.
Dan
Posted by: GoatRider

Re: Survival Equipment Sources - 03/14/05 08:11 PM

Nice. No prices or "add to cart" buttons though, darn it.
Posted by: NeighborBill

Re: Survival Equipment Sources - 03/15/05 12:52 AM

Yeah, the site is only a few days old. Prices should be up soon from my understanding.
Posted by: marcy

Re: Survival Equipment Sources - 03/15/05 01:29 AM

Also try www.campmor.com www.basegear.com, www.cabelas.com. I have recently done business with all three without a problem. Gander Mountain is a local (chain) store that is pretty good. Also you local hiking, climbing and canoe store is a good place to shop. Lightweight backpacking is pretty close to survival gear. Also check your local gun shop they often have useful stuff.

I had a bad experience with botach. I don't remommend them

Marcy

Posted by: Polak187

Re: Survival Equipment Sources - 03/15/05 01:11 PM

It seems that everyone had a bad experience with botach.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Survival Equipment Sources - 03/15/05 04:07 PM

I mainly shop at TADgear.com

Great selection of stuff and knowledgeable staff.

S.
Posted by: anotherinkling

Re: Survival Equipment Sources - 03/18/05 08:09 PM

www.cheaperthandirt.com is good. Great prices on everything. Lots of surplus stuff and unusual items.

www.brigadequartermaster.com is great, too. Only quality items. No surplus, no junk. Prices are competitive. Site has a more military/tactical bent that, say, a Campmor or REI.