Airline safety and improvisation

Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Airline safety and improvisation - 11/09/01 05:57 PM

I simply chose to forego commercal flying well before Sept 11. When the carriers take safety and security over profits seriously, then ill return. I want fresh air, no more insecticides sprayed while still aboard, the highly flammable paisly interiors stripped to engine turned aluminum and wool, proper leg room so I can evacuate with relaxed leg muscles.Pilots that aren't falling asleep from overwork ( ditto air traffic controllers) and baggage security clerks that didn't spend time in Leavenworth. I want sky marshalls with atitudes and red head flight attendants.
Posted by: billvann

Re: Airline safety and improvisation - 11/09/01 09:06 PM

>>>...and red head flight attendants. <br><br>Now you're being unreasonable! :-)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Airline safety and improvisation - 11/14/01 10:41 PM

I came across this on the way to something else. It's the real word<br>on what is okay -<br><br>http://www.faa.gov/apa/pr/pr.cfm?id=1435
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Airline safety and improvisation - 11/15/01 05:22 AM

I was never very comfortable flying with my kids and wife with me, now i definitely quited flying. Next hollidays in January i'm going to drive 7000km down from Sweden to Portugal and back. It's a long way but at least i'm in control of whats happening.<br>
Posted by: Craig

Re: Airline safety and improvisation - 11/15/01 01:22 PM

May I ask how the heck you get around? How would you travel cross-crountry?<br><br>I was quite happy to quit flying forever. Never liked it to begin with. Then I discovered the entire country is wired for flying. The whole darn rapid transportation system is built around flying. Buses stink. Trains, unless you travel only within the Northeast corridor, stink.<br><br>I'm looking for alternatives and none measure up, so far.
Posted by: Craig

Re: Airline safety and improvisation - 11/15/01 05:56 PM

That isn't the last word. Airlines are not allowing tweezers or nail clippers, despite what the FAA says.