Taking The Sting Out

Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Taking The Sting Out - 11/24/04 01:28 PM

Very interesting article:

Mexican lab a leader in taking sting out of venom

http://tinyurl.com/6h52o
Posted by: bountyhunter

Re: Taking The Sting Out - 11/24/04 04:35 PM

It is amazing what man can develop to make his surroundings accomadate and protect him.

On a less serious note, I once contracted a very nasty sunburn between my legs. Walking around with pants on was an obvious pain, so much so that a lady who saw me walking around my fathers grocery store asked if I had a sunburn. When I replied in the affirmative, she said to slather on white vinegar to subdue the pain. I thought she was making fun of my suffering and did not believe her. That night when I got into bed with nothing but my shorts on, the pain was so bad I could not sleep. I had nothing to lose so I got out some white vinegar, poured it on a cotton hand towel and dabbed it on the painful areas between my legs. As I sat there in the kitchen waitng for the vinegar to evaporate off of my legs so I could try going back to sleep, the pain vanished. The damaged skin still peeled, and I still had the sunburn red color, but the pain never came back.

You should never make fun of home remedys until you try them, provided they are not dangerous.

Bountyhunter