Survival Technology

Posted by: Anonymous

Survival Technology - 01/29/01 05:23 PM

Be sure to watch the History Channel special on "Survival technology" New survival technology emerging from Alaska will have an impact on the emergency signal and detection market<br><br>
Posted by: Craig

Re: Survival Technology - 01/29/01 09:46 PM

You didn't mention that it's being hosted by Rudy Boesch (sp?) of "Survivor" fame. He's hosting Modern Marvels this week, Monday to Thursday from 10 to 11pm. Way past my bedtime, so I'm taping the episodes.<br><br>Craig<br><br>
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: Survival Technology - 01/30/01 01:15 AM

And I will note that I was asked to assist in this TV project by the producers and did so up to the point that they advised me who was hosting it. At that point, I bailed. Will be interesting to see if I or ETS get any credit. (Hollywood sucks mode)<br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive

Re: Survival Technology - 01/30/01 01:53 AM

We don't get a lot of hollywood in Alaska. <br><br>
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: Survival Technology - 01/30/01 02:19 AM

Count yourself lucky! I think it's going to some great exposure for your incredible trechnology.<br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive

Re: Survival Technology - 01/30/01 01:45 PM

Why would you object to Rudy? After Colleen Haskell (GRIN), he's my favorite of all those "Survivor" characters. He's honest, straightforward, and does what he says he will do. A standup guy, in my opinion.<br><br>By the way, congratulations on being asked to contribute in some fashion.<br><br>Craig<br><br>

Re: Survival Technology - 01/30/01 02:13 PM

1. I had no idea who it was since I was just told "that Survival guy."<br><br>2. Wouldn't have mattered anyway since I don't know who was who, only watched enough of the show to know I didn't care to watch any more of that BS (though others tell me the Rudy guy was the class of the show).<br><br>3. Wouldn't have mattered anyway since I don't care to be associated in any way whatsoever with such crap. That was the bottom line. If you're a fan of the show, I apologize, different strokes for different folks. :-)<br><br>

Re: Survival Technology - 01/30/01 02:34 PM

I'm not a fan of the show itself, just Rudy, the 73-year-old ex-Navy SEAL.<br><br>But you're correct, Rudy was THE class act of the show. Didn't lie, wasn't devious, and told the truth.<br><br>