Small LED light/whistle combination

Posted by: hillbilly

Small LED light/whistle combination - 01/29/04 02:38 PM

I found this at walmart for a dollar. web page clegg For emergencies, what do you think?
I didn't figure out how to post a picture, but it is on the web page.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Small LED light/whistle combination - 01/29/04 08:43 PM

Very cool idea, great price, but I have my doubts about it for several reasons.

I doubt it is nearly as loud as a Fox40 whistle.

The red LED light is not nearly as useful for my family, several have a very hard time seeing the deep red colors, and they even give my mom a headache. In fact, I have found that it takes such a bright red to be able to make out details that it destroys my night vision more than a white light of brightness minimal to use for the same purpose. Green, yellow or white would be much more useful to me overall than a red.

I do not know what batteries it uses or if they are replaceable, nor do I know how durable the item is, but for a buck it would be worth it to try one out.
Posted by: hillbilly

Re: Small LED light/whistle combination - 01/29/04 10:59 PM

I haven't really used mine but I thought it might be useful for signalling (I teach shop) but one thing is, the chain is very weak and broke already, (2 weeks old)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Small LED light/whistle combination - 01/30/04 03:08 PM

Thanks for the info, hillbilly and grommit! I was looking at something like this for a school-wide safety project, but I don't know if I want to spend the $$$$ on something that won't survive dangling from a backpack more than a couple of weeks.