Constant-on switch for Photon III?

Posted by: Craig

Constant-on switch for Photon III? - 01/29/01 04:11 PM

From what I've read, it doesn't appear as though the Photon III has a constant-on switch. I understand that switch has a hand in compromising the integrity of the case regarding water resistance, but I REALLY LOVE that on-off switch. Every family member to whom I've given a Photon II praises that switch. Would someone who knows about the Photon III please clear this up for me? Also, will the Photon II continue in production? Thanks for listening.<br><br>Craig (Photon II junkie)<br><br>
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: Constant-on switch for Photon III? - 01/29/01 04:53 PM

Craig,<br><br>Apparently I wasn't clear enough about that, I'll have to look at the descritpion again. The micro-chip has 3 constant on levels of illumination; high, mediuum and low, plus the instant high from pressing thre other end of the button. Using the chip allows them to do away wth the little switch sticking through the momentary button on the PII, thus it retains its integrity and water resistance while still allowing constant on operation, which I consider critical.<br><br>Hope this clears things up.<br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive

Re: Constant-on switch for Photon III? - 01/29/01 06:25 PM

Thanks, Doug.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Constant-on switch for Photon III? - 01/29/01 06:33 PM

Doug,<br><br>Any idea when the new Photon III will hit the shops?<br><br>
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: Constant-on switch for Photon III? - 01/29/01 10:17 PM

Just spoke to David Allen. He says April at best, so I'd expect May. <~><br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive

Re: Constant-on switch for Photon III? - 01/30/01 02:03 PM

With the prices of the Photon III's estimated to be quite higher ($46.00) that of the Photon II's ($15.00), I think I'll stick with the II's for now.<br><br>Craig<br><br>