Any Chance Personal Survival Pak Comes Back?

Posted by: KenK

Any Chance Personal Survival Pak Comes Back? - 12/01/21 06:00 PM

While I know there is no shortage of survival kit offerings out there, I've long felt that Doug's Personal Survival Pak was VERY well thought out and very much worth its price. Before it came out I'd spent far too much money accumulating survival kit contents. Heck, shipping costs for individual elements alone added up.

Now that we've seen the second generation RSK MK1 rise even better from the ashes of the first generation RSK MK1, I find myself wondering if there is any chance that a similar thing could happen to Doug's Personal Survival Pak.

Your thoughts?
Posted by: roberttheiii

Re: Any Chance Personal Survival Pak Comes Back? - 12/01/21 08:06 PM

I'd of course love to see it. That said, you could pretty easily create a PSP knockoff with some small upgrades along the way. It would certainly cost you 50%-150% more than a PSP cost. I'm guessing that if something is in the works Doug couldn't say because it could screw up the deal. Happy kit making!
Posted by: Ren

Re: Any Chance Personal Survival Pak Comes Back? - 12/02/21 01:38 AM

Pretty sure there is a direct PSP knockoff out there, think only thing missing was the signal mirror but had a mylar blanket. Currently going for $18, but I wouldn't use it.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Any Chance Personal Survival Pak Comes Back? - 12/02/21 03:27 PM

I agree that the PSK is a very fine kit, but it can be tweaked to good advantage. There are always items which can be added to good advantage - water, for instance if you are in a water scarce environment. You may wish to adjust contents with the changing seasons. Your total load, not just this kit, should e appropriate for the environment you encounter.

When you eventually need to use the items in this kit, whatever the items cost will b fabulous bargain.
Posted by: Ren

Re: Any Chance Personal Survival Pak Comes Back? - 12/02/21 06:28 PM

Bic Lighter is obvious tweak, omitted only due to postal regulations.