A pocket flask

Posted by: teacher

A pocket flask - 10/20/21 06:22 PM

Its Fall here, so I'm recommending a pocket flask.
Besides the usual uses a flask makes a nice small water bottle for a jacket pocket - the flat sides make it easier to carry.
Posted by: Herman30

Re: A pocket flask - 10/20/21 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: teacher

Besides the usual uses a flask makes a nice small water bottle for a jacket pocket - the flat sides make it easier to carry.

This is excactly why I have 3 Nalgene flasks. Able to carry 1 litre of water without great bulk.
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: A pocket flask - 10/21/21 01:32 AM

I have no objection to a flask for its traditional purposes. grin

However, some of the 750 ml PET flasks for rum and such are a friendly shape for big pockets. I always found that 1.5 litres was the minimum amount of water when going off pavement. Worth a look.

Re: A pocket flask - 10/21/21 03:29 AM

My flasks are for travelling by bus/train. On the bus, my backpack goes into the cargobay (underneath the cabin) and with me in the cabin comes a small satchel with food and water (the Nalgene flasks) and snacks.
Posted by: Ren

Re: A pocket flask - 10/21/21 02:49 PM

It's a shame that SIGG stopped making the oval designs. Primus also had a couple of oval flasks, but they too have discontinued them. Guess SIGG were the original manufacturer.

Re: A pocket flask - 10/21/21 04:38 PM

I have one of the SIGG oval bottles (well, my girlfriend has it now). Should have bought more of them while they excisted....
Posted by: Ratch

Re: A pocket flask - 10/25/21 04:06 AM

There are some jagermeister aluminum flasks on eBay. The black ones hold 500 ml, as I recall. They are similar in shape to the swiss army canteen.