What's the Most Important Thing Needed to Survive?

Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

What's the Most Important Thing Needed to Survive? - 08/04/21 01:51 PM

I would say the willingness and ability to learn. Most of the time, I learn to handle a situation when I face a new problem. After that, when that comes up again, I already know how to handle it. To do that, I need to be aware. From my observation, awareness comes from learning.

Learning can also come from watching informative videos and discussing what you learn with other people. The other person may have information on that subject that would be of great value to you. Last week I learned new things about precious metals. Not only did I gain a new prepping strategy, but my perspective on finances has also changed, and I believe I have the mindset to make smarter buying decisions.

In addition, I'm learning to be aware internally. By being mindful, I've learned solutions to old problems.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: wileycoyote

Re: What's the Most Important Thing Needed to Survive? - 08/04/21 02:59 PM

the ability to quickly and easily adapt to new unexpected situations
Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Re: What's the Most Important Thing Needed to Survive? - 08/04/21 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: wileycoyote
the ability to quickly and easily adapt to new unexpected situations

I think that goes along with learning.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: jshannon

Re: What's the Most Important Thing Needed to Survive? - 08/18/21 12:14 AM

Being mentally prepared and equipped to survive ; )
Posted by: amper

Re: What's the Most Important Thing Needed to Survive? - 09/12/21 12:38 PM

The most important thing needed to survive is the will to survive. Nothing else really matters if you don’t actually want to survive or you don’t have the mental fortitude to do what needs to be done to survive.
Posted by: KenK

Re: What's the Most Important Thing Needed to Survive? - 09/13/21 11:17 PM

1. Oxygen

2. Immediate first aid - if needed

3. Protection against environmental exposure - extreme cold or heat - and other life-threatening dangers.

4. Water/Hydration

Certainly having the will to live and having survival skills play an important role in all four.

The ability to self-rescue or to be rescued certainly becomes very important ... except for Tarzan and Mowgli.