a non emergency, emergency..

Posted by: TeacherRO

a non emergency, emergency.. - 04/08/21 05:39 PM

Some places preps are just for comfort:

Leaving some big events like music events and sports, there is a considerable wait time to get out. I find expecting this makes the wait much easier.

One annual event I like is crowded and the waiting time in your car often exceeds 90 minutes - double that at closing or in bad weather. So I pack some water and snacks and wait it out in my air conditioned car.
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: a non emergency, emergency.. - 04/09/21 04:30 AM

Well, if there is an emergent need, the goal is to ensure the time is spent productively. To me, that means introspective time.

I may pull out a ukelele or half-size guitar. Always good to practice, and sing a bit, and work out a difficult chord transition. Have to be careful, though: it seems females cannot resist musicians, and I am spoken for. Though not immune to the flattery of fine ladies embracing my music.

More likely, I will indulge in old literature on a beater tablet. Arthur Conan Doyle, Dickens, all manner of cultural treasures from gutenberg.org .

I will definitely not be browsing news sites to feed the latest click bait of celebrities or politicians acting like spoiled children and/or shameless media-hogs.