New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter

Posted by: Doug_Ritter

New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/09/21 12:25 AM

In case anyone here is interested, we have just introduced a second generation of my RSK Mk3.

http://www.dougritter.com/dr_rsk_mk3_g2.htm

Posted by: Dagny

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/09/21 02:20 AM

Nice! I have the original and love it.

Hmmm....
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/09/21 04:00 AM

I just saw that in an email alert! I must admit that's not a steel I've even heard of. blush Looks like I better hit the books! grin
Posted by: Blast

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/09/21 03:13 PM

My pocketbook thanks you for not making the handle in a brighter color! grin
I loved the original, but passed it on to a nephew that works as a forest firefighter in Alaska.
-Blast
p.s. Hmmm...are those scales replaceable?

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/09/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
I just saw that in an email alert! I must admit that's not a steel I've even heard of. blush Looks like I better hit the books! grin

https://knifesteelnerds.com/2019/11/01/crucible-s45vn-steel/

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/09/21 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Blast
p.s. Hmmm...are those scales replaceable?
Removable, yes, T8 Torx. Replaceable? Guess that depends how good you or a friend are at making scales. wink
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/09/21 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter

https://knifesteelnerds.com/2019/11/01/crucible-s45vn-steel/

Nice! Larrin is a good guy, I've subscribed to his blog for years and chatted with him online back before he started his post-grad work. His dad is a knifemaking genius, too.

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/09/21 10:17 PM

[
Nice! Larrin is a good guy, I've subscribed to his blog for years and chatted with him online back before he started his post-grad work. His dad is a knifemaking genius, too.

Indeed!
Posted by: bill

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/10/21 03:40 AM

Glad this knife is available again, I regretted not getting one before, but somewhat glad now as I am very pleased with the Hogue versions of the folders. Placed my order yesterday. Thank You Doug.
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/10/21 03:50 AM

That looks awfully nice.

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/10/21 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: bill
Glad this knife is available again, I regretted not getting one before, but somewhat glad now as I am very pleased with the Hogue versions of the folders. Placed my order yesterday. Thank You Doug.

Thanks!!!!!

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/10/21 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
That looks awfully nice.

Thanks!
Posted by: bill

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/15/21 04:45 PM

Received my knife yesterday, I am very happy. Fit and finish great, fits my hand perfectly and I really like the balance. Looking forward to checking out this new (to me) steel.
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/15/21 11:05 PM

I held out one entire day before ordering mine. It arrived today, but I've had no time for more than a cursory examination. I agree with bill 100%. Looking forward to trying it out in the field.

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/16/21 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: bill
Received my knife yesterday, I am very happy. Fit and finish great, fits my hand perfectly and I really like the balance. Looking forward to checking out this new (to me) steel.

Liking your reaction. Thanks!

Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter - 01/16/21 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
I held out one entire day before ordering mine. It arrived today, but I've had no time for more than a cursory examination. I agree with bill 100%. Looking forward to trying it out in the field.

LOL! Thanks! Hope it meets your expectations. Let us know.