Paramedicpete? First Aid Kit for Car

Posted by: gear_freak

Paramedicpete? First Aid Kit for Car - 04/01/03 07:23 PM

Got your ears on, ParamedicPete? I was wondering if you might have a list of suggested items for a first aid kit to keep in the car. One thing I'm concerned about is the temperature tolerance of first aid items left in the trunk of a car on a summer day in Georgia.
Posted by: paramedicpete

Re: Paramedicpete? First Aid Kit for Car - 04/01/03 07:48 PM

I am not sure I could recommend a single list on what to carry, since where you travel should be the guiding force. I would first go here http://www.equipped.org/medical.htm and look at what information Doug has assembled and recommended. The home kit is a pretty good place to start. The commercial kits listed are also an excellent start, add and delete items based upon your own experiences and training. If you have not taken at least a basic first aid course, do so at once. No amount of "supplies/gear" will take the place training. I keep a fairly extensive trauma kit in my car and rotate those perishables (OTC meds, cold packs, gloves, etc.) often. So much depends upon your local environmental conditions. Obviously warm/hot temperature and humid condition will degrade items much faster than cold-dry climates. Pete
Posted by: gear_freak

Re: Paramedicpete? First Aid Kit for Car - 04/01/03 08:19 PM

Thanks. Should've thought to poke around for that in the first place.