whopper storm in minnesota

Posted by: CANOEDOGS

whopper storm in minnesota - 07/06/16 06:48 PM

it was looking nasty yesterday in the late afternoon with warnings on TV and radio.i made a quick run to a local lumber yard and to the north,i'm in south Minneapolis,the sky was that greenish gray.i got home and got a bit wet getting 2x6's down to the basement and spent the few hours watching a long hard storm roll thru.
I was lucky because to the north where it looked bad it was bad.
it will be days before some major power lines are fixed and folks will be without power.
so the point of all this is that it does not need to be a major earth shaking event to make you wish that a few things were set aside to help out while things are back to normal.
Posted by: TeacherRO

Re: whopper storm in minnesota - 07/08/16 07:15 PM

Some big storms this year. And predictions make the the new normal rather than outliers. New. portable weather radio for us.
Posted by: CANOEDOGS

Re: whopper storm in minnesota - 07/12/16 05:20 AM

another one tonight just to the north where the temps are in the 60's and here so hot and damp i'm living by the window AC unit!
if you have a PLB don't forget to reregister it.i just did mine on line and my sticker came in a week.
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: whopper storm in minnesota - 07/12/16 11:56 AM

Stay safe guys. My family in Saskatchewan and Alberta tell me that the sky is dodgy out there! I have to tell you, after a brush with T-storms and possible tornadoes while in Saskatoon a few weeks ago, I'm very happy to live here in boring Ontario!
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: whopper storm in minnesota - 07/13/16 06:37 AM

The week in western MN has been miserable! A couple days ago it was 90 and I swear the humidity was 90%!