burnaway plus

Posted by: hamiamham

burnaway plus - 02/09/16 01:47 AM

hear great things but I'm finding it difficult to find on-line without paying $20 to ship $20 worth of items. Does anyone have an alternate source for this product?
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: burnaway plus - 02/09/16 02:16 AM

What are you talking about? Is it relevant to this forum?
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: burnaway plus - 02/09/16 02:52 AM

It's a first aid product that Doug suggests at http://www.equipped.org/medical.htm . Based on Doug's recommendation I've been buying and using it for quite some time now; it's very effective.

The shipping options used to be a lot better, I don't know what happened.
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: burnaway plus - 02/09/16 04:48 AM

Ah! Thanks for the clarification.
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: burnaway plus - 02/09/16 05:49 AM

It works very well! I keep a big bottle at home and a smaller bottle in the knife case I take to work.
Posted by: Tjin

Re: burnaway plus - 02/09/16 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By: hamiamham
hear great things but I'm finding it difficult to find on-line without paying $20 to ship $20 worth of items. Does anyone have an alternate source for this product?

$20 seems a bit steep, I assume you need to import it? Asking a local nurse, doctor or other medical proffesional will generally generate a good advise about a good local burn product.

Re: burnaway plus - 02/09/16 01:50 PM

The minimum US shipping option I saw was over $17.
Posted by: jshannon

Re: burnaway plus - 02/09/16 04:58 PM

Compare it to combining aloe plus topical antihistamine.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: burnaway plus - 02/09/16 05:00 PM

Copious running cold water works quite well, in my experience. Shipping costs are modest...

Re: burnaway plus - 02/09/16 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermor
Copious running cold water works quite well, in my experience. Shipping costs are modest...

My experience with cold running water is very positive -- for immediate treatment. What I've seen afterwards is that the healing process is significantly faster for burns I've treated with Burnaway Plus. I don't have any affiliation with them.

Re: burnaway plus - 03/17/16 05:00 PM

found a work-around / will start another thread

Update on burn away plus order - 03/17/16 05:08 PM

I sent off an email to George Townsend & Co asking if there was any way to ship the product in a cheaper way and got an almost immediate response from Troy Campbell the Sale Manager saying he was happy to accommodate. The shipping was reduced by 2/3's. I actually had the opportunity to use the product last night and it IS all that it is cracked up to be and the combo of aloe and tea tree oil is pleasant smelling. I would highly recommend this company for its customer service and the product for its effectiveness
Posted by: Russ

Re: Update on burn away plus order - 03/17/16 05:15 PM

Why is this a separate thread from burnaway plus?

Re: Update on burn away plus order - 03/17/16 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Russ
Why is this a separate thread from burnaway plus?

Fixed.

chaosmagnet