Spec-Ops

Posted by: ATN

Spec-Ops - 04/09/15 06:14 AM

Does anyone use Spec-Ops products like T.H.E. Tactical pack. I was thinking about using one as a 72 hour/ BOB bag and was curious about others' experiences with their products. Thank you.
Posted by: Alan_Romania

Re: Spec-Ops - 04/09/15 02:29 PM

I have used a number of their products over the years, none of them have disappointed me in quality or durability.

I still use a very simple hydration sleeve that I have used for wildland firefighting for at least 5 years.
Posted by: UncleGoo

Re: Spec-Ops - 04/10/15 02:26 AM

I've only used a Mini pocket organizer: stuffed with a singlecell flashlight, a rite-in-the-rain notepad, Fisher space-pen, spare USB battery to recharge a cellphone, a bic lighter, band-aids, and dental floss. Works well, still using it. Would buy more.

No affiliation, other than as a customer.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Spec-Ops - 04/10/15 03:10 AM

At 2250 cu. in., I would prefer something a bit larger, around 3500 cu in or so. There are plenty of sturdy alternatives. The most important characteristic for any pack is fit, and this varies depending upon the individual. What works for me might not work for you.
Posted by: Eugene

Re: Spec-Ops - 04/10/15 05:06 PM

I just got THE Pack when they had it on sale last month for about half off. Despite it being 2200 cu in it holds more than my ALICE pack which is a lot larger cu in wise.

The alice pack is IIRC 3000 or so. I took the contents of the ALICE and my 700 cu in camelbak and put all into the THE Pack.
Posted by: Hanscom

Re: Spec-Ops - 04/17/15 01:34 AM

I have used the Pack Rat as EDC for several years and it shows no sign of wear. Only 220 cubic inches, but very well organized and accessible.

I have also stuffed it into a Jansport daypack as an organizer when I needed more space.

Right now I am searching for something maybe twice the size.