Blizzards

Posted by: Byrd_Huntr

Blizzards - 01/26/15 11:49 AM

NBC has published an article about home and auto prep for a blizzard.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/blizzard-15/skip-toilet-paper-how-prepare-blizzard-2015-n293356

Although my opinion differs on a few points, I think that overall this article might help a normally unprepared person consider the risks and prepare to shelter in place during a blizzard or extended power outage.

Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: Blizzards - 01/26/15 11:57 AM

This storm sounds like it could cause many problems. 2-3 feet of snow combined with Hurricane force wind gusts. This is bound to cause many power outages and there won't be the ability to repair for many days.
There will also be huge transport difficulties and lack of food at supermarkets as there will be difficulties in restocking. Those that aren't prepared will have a difficult week ahead.
Posted by: clearwater

Re: Blizzards - 01/26/15 05:38 PM

Time to stock up on toilet paper and jello.
Posted by: gonewiththewind

Re: Blizzards - 01/26/15 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: clearwater
Time to stock up on toilet paper and jello.

Someone has their priorities straight.
Posted by: Russ

Re: Blizzards - 01/26/15 11:24 PM

It's almost 6PM (1800 mil time) on the East Coast, if peeps are still out shopping for toilet paper and jello they need to think about getting home. Travel is going to get tough very shortly.
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: Blizzards - 01/27/15 12:35 AM

Quote:
It's almost 6PM (1800 mil time) on the East Coast, if peeps are still out shopping for toilet paper and jello they need to think about getting home. Travel is going to get tough very shortly.

Or get fined or arrested if your in New York after 23:00 EST!
Posted by: Byrd_Huntr

Re: Blizzards - 01/27/15 01:55 AM

I believe Jello is illegal in New York because it can be frozen onto a hammer handle and used as a colorful cudgel.
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: Blizzards - 01/27/15 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr
I believe Jello is illegal in New York because it can be frozen onto a hammer handle and used as a colorful cudgel.

AH HAHA!