Simple loo, from materias at your local home store
Posted by: Blast

Re: DIY porta-potty - 07/29/14 03:11 AM

Genius. Simply genius.
Good post.
-Blast
Posted by: Deathwind

Re: DIY porta-potty - 07/29/14 05:09 PM

Nice! The problems of odor and spillage come to mind. I bought a seat from emergency essentials. It has a lid which seals tight. The noodle looks much more comfortable though.
Posted by: CANOEDOGS

Re: DIY porta-potty - 07/29/14 09:56 PM

the TP roll on the handle is clever!
kitty litter and wood ash work as a flush.
Posted by: Mark_R

Re: DIY porta-potty - 08/07/14 09:32 PM

I made a simmiliar one from a 5 gallon bucket, But used a "Portable Loo" 5 gallon bucket cover toilet seat from REI, kitchen trash bags, TP, hand sanitizer, trowel and dust mask, and lime to control the stench. Just be sure to use a dust mask when working with the lime. The stuff is very alkaline, very fine, and chest X-rays are expensive (This year's dumb*** moment).
Posted by: ILBob

Re: DIY porta-potty - 08/09/14 05:53 PM

This idea has been around for a long time in various forms.
Posted by: Meadowlark

Re: DIY porta-potty - 08/09/14 11:08 PM

**de-lurks**

Haha! Great idea for a short duration, but I wonder how one would keep the "cushion" sanitary for a prolonged situation? (Buy extra noodles, I suppose?)

A milk crate version could be another option: http://www.rootsimple.com/2009/07/humanure-dry-toilet-made-from-a-milk-crate/
Posted by: Treeseeker

Re: DIY porta-potty - 08/10/14 07:02 PM

You can get a bucket toilet seat with lid on Amazon for as little as $10. If you already have a pool noodle then that would be cheaper, but if you have to buy one they are almost as much as the toilet seat ($8.99 on Amazon).
Posted by: Eastree

Re: DIY porta-potty - 08/10/14 10:01 PM

$8.99 for a stinkin' pool noodle?! I know a store that has them for like three bucks.