And charge everything

Posted by: TeacherRO

And charge everything - 01/21/14 05:41 PM

Adding this to my checklists - charge all the devices.
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: And charge everything - 01/21/14 06:01 PM

Yup yup yup! Great way to stay connected, know what's going on and keep action plans fluid. Powered handhelds also provide hours of amusement for the kiddos!
Posted by: LesSnyder

Re: And charge everything - 01/21/14 09:43 PM

I've posted this pic before, but for the new members...if you happen to have a frame house and live in hurricane country, a good 18v cordless drill is a serious labor saving device if you board your windows with plywood... have a spare battery... but I have 27 windows to cover so use a Stanley "Yankee Screwdriver" as a manual backup...the spiral groove rotates the tool bit when downward force is applied... I have my deep discharge trolling battery on float charge, but give the Eneloops, Ridgid battery packs, and other 12v's a good charge at the beginning of the hurricane season, and again with an approaching storm

Posted by: Blast

Re: And charge everything - 01/23/14 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By: TeacherRO
Adding this to my checklists - charge all the devices.

Uh, all I see is an emperor wearing really nice cloths...
-Blast
Posted by: ajax

Re: And charge everything - 01/27/14 06:52 PM

Here's a new "twist" on the Yankee screw-driver idea.

http://www.amazon.com/Kobalt-Piece-Double-drive-Screwdriver-Set/dp/B009YKHSLG/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t
Posted by: barbakane

Re: And charge everything - 01/29/14 05:42 PM

I always carry spare charging cords in my travel bag, in addition to the usual car chargers. They STAY in my bag so I don't worry about making sure I have them...I also carry a multiple outlet extension cord. After seeing people trying to charge multiple items after Sandy, I learned real quick to carry one.
Posted by: celler

Re: And charge everything - 01/30/14 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: barbakane
I always carry spare charging cords in my travel bag, in addition to the usual car chargers. They STAY in my bag so I don't worry about making sure I have them...I also carry a multiple outlet extension cord. After seeing people trying to charge multiple items after Sandy, I learned real quick to carry one.

I keep the Monster Outlets to Go in my travel bag at all times. Even if its not an emergency, power outlets at airport gates are always at a premium and no one minds (I always ask) if you share the outlet with them.

Craig