Snares Again

Posted by: Anonymous

Snares Again - 07/25/01 03:50 AM

I am new to the world of snares and im wandering if any body could tell me a site that explains operation and different types or if you could tell me how they work thanks much <br><br> Ron<br><br>
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Snares Again - 07/25/01 05:18 AM

There is a wealth of material on snaring and deadfalls. Most of the better survival manuals have good coverage and many of the links listed here have much information. Basically, a snare is laid along a potential pathway and the food-victim-bunny hangs itself. The various deadfalls either trap or crush the target. Your 30' is a good supply. expect a 10% return. The Tom Brown survival volume has a good section on snares.There is a lot of professional bickering among the "experts" as to competitors credentials and abilities,but we're here for the information. Trapping is productive, in that it's physically passive.Your time is spent on other things rather than trying to master slingshots, bolos,spears and throwing sticks. Rabbits are pretty lean fare, so while waiting we can gather vegetable materials, insects,eggs etc.<br><br>