wallet kit - edc

Posted by: TeacherRO

wallet kit - edc - 07/04/13 05:54 PM

I like the altoids idea, but think a wallet kit might hold most of what I need; small folder, infor/cash, band aids, lighter, etc.
Posted by: LesSnyder

Re: wallet kit - edc - 07/04/13 09:36 PM

I carry part of my EDC in my wallet... water transport bag, blood stopper and non adherent bandages and cloth band aids, chlorine dioxide tabs, dental floss, and a couple of feet of duct tape (for bandages)wrapped on a card... since the photo, the card has been drilled with a couple of holes that step down my field of view and allow me to see if I've broken my glasses

Posted by: acropolis5

Re: wallet kit - edc - 07/06/13 09:28 PM

Les, good idea with the sighting holes in the card. I vaguely knew about that, but forgot. All of us who rely on glasses should have this prep available. I also remember a companion prep that let's you estimate distance from whether the target fills the whole. Can you save us some research and provide a link for instructions? Thanx in advance
Posted by: LesSnyder

Re: wallet kit - edc - 07/06/13 10:05 PM

acropolis5... for distance, you could probably work something with a series of smaller diameter holes, at a repeatable distance from your eyes... brim of your hat + card held between ring and little finger.... and reference the width of a man's shoulders (19")to calibrate distance... my ACOG rifle sight uses this method for stadia lines... I had to go through USAF basic looking through an aperture made by curling my index and thumb... got a lot of funny looks from the guys in the Smokey the Bear hats....
Posted by: TeacherRO

Re: wallet kit - edc - 07/28/13 03:20 PM

Good idea. Contacts are nice because I can edc the spares - they're pretty tiny.
Posted by: Russ

Re: wallet kit - edc - 07/28/13 04:36 PM

Which wallet? My Mission Wallet is purpose built for minimal EDC; the minimal nylon wallet I use for cash and credit cards, not so much. Minimal is he operative word and what constitutes minimal is situational. Sometimes what's in your wallet doesn't come close.