Question: Stanley cookset

Posted by: haertig

Question: Stanley cookset - 01/19/13 05:14 PM

Does anyone have one of these?

http://www.shopstanley-pmi.com/product/7213

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Adventure-Stainless-Steel-24-Ounce/dp/B005188T90/ref=pd_sim_sg_14

I am trying to determine is it will fit in this (a burner ring for my "Folding Firebox" stove):

Diameter of the hole is 3.84". I am looking for the diameter measurement of the Stanley cook pot in that long middle section, not the flare at the top or the rebate at the bottom.

I see mention of "4 inches" in some references to the Stanley cookset, but I don't know "which diameter" they are referring to, since this pot appears to have three different diameters.

Alternately, can someone tell me the diameter of one of these stainless cups that snuggle up around a Nalgene bottle (this particular one is made by GSI, but I know Olicamp and a few other manufacturers make them as well):

I am looking for a cooking vessle for my Folding Firebox stove (this burner ring is part of their "Upgrade Kit"):

http://foldingfirebox.com/upgrade-kit/

Thanks!!!
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 01/19/13 07:23 PM

I have no idea about the size, sorry. This is first I've seen of it and wanted to say thanks for the heads up! I've been thinking about their 32 oz bottle/cup combo but this this looks like it would suit my needs better.

I'm liking these features of this cook set:
-two 10-oz. insulated plastic cups
-stainless-steel single-wall cooking pot cooks over camp stove
-vented lid lets steam escape while cooking
-two-position handle extends for cooking. Locks in place

Thanks again, Haertig!

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 01/19/13 07:40 PM

This might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyx-KqWDTso

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 01/19/13 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: bacpacjac

How in the heck did you find a video demonstrating my exact Firebox, my exact boil plate, and the exact cookset I was considering purchasing?!

You must be a guru at Google searching. You answered my question 110%!

Thanks!!!

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 01/19/13 08:53 PM

Haha! Google must know that I'm a woman waiting to go into labour. Glad to help!
Posted by: Treeseeker

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 01/20/13 06:45 PM

$14.99 at Target.
Stanely Adventure Cooker
Posted by: comlpro

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 01/21/13 10:22 PM

Sorry that I don't have a caliper, but eyeballing the pot on a ruler the dia. is appx three and three sixteenths.

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 01/27/13 04:15 PM

As a quick followup, I bought the Stanley Cookset at Amazon. I paid $16.99, but the price seems to vary on Amazon from day to day (?).

Arrived yesterday. It's a very nice little cookset. It is nicely made and I know it will serve me well. The cookpot fits perfectly in my Firebox ring that I was wanting to use. This is a very good cookset for this Firebox, should anybody else own one of these. There are two plastic cups included, billed as "heavy duty". Heavy duty is an understatement. These are about the most robust plastic cups I have ever seen. The plastic has a very solid feel to it and is 3/16" thick. No worries about damaging these cups.

This is a good small stainless cookset for those of us not wanting/needing the super lightweight titaniam setups. Well done, Stanley! I am very glad I purchased it.
Posted by: thseng

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 02/01/13 01:49 AM

Don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but Stanley cookset fits nicely into a GSI space saver cup.
Posted by: JPickett

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 02/01/13 05:31 PM

Why do I never see nesting cooksets and cups of HA-3 aluminum. Aluminum is superior to stainless and titanium in my opinion. Light weight, easy to clean, better heat transmission.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 02/01/13 08:09 PM

MSR markets several items that are described as "hard anodized." I do not know if they are HA-3 or not, but the elderly set I have is very useful, just as you say, light, easy cleaning, and really hot. I am pretty sure other manufacturers offer similar products as well.

My outdoor cookery includes items that are stainless steel, aluminum, and titanium. They all have their uses, and in particular situations are ideal.
Posted by: barbakane

Re: Question: Stanley cookset - 02/02/13 12:27 AM

Just picked up the Stanley set at Target for $14.99. Very nice setup as been posted before. I'm going camping with the scouts in the infield at Daytona soon, so I'll put it thru it's paces. I'm all for small, lightweight, and multi purpose, so I'm sure this will be a winner if build quality is any indication. The only concern I have is the plastic tab on the top of the lid, should this get too hot, it may deform/melt.