Costa Concordia sister ship adrift in Indian Ocean

Posted by: LED

Costa Concordia sister ship adrift in Indian Ocean - 02/28/12 03:15 AM

Threat of pirates, no power, no cooked food, etc. Well at least they have their own security team on board.
Costa Allegra adrift

Quote:
A liner owned by the same company as the Costa Concordia, on which at least 25 people died when it ran aground off Italy last month, was adrift in the Indian Ocean after a fire in the engine room left it without power.

Costa Cruises said the fire on the Costa Allegra had been put out and none of the 636 passengers and 413 crew were hurt. The cause of the fire was still unclear.
Posted by: Jolt

Re: Costa Concordia sister ship adrift in Indian Ocean - 02/28/12 03:09 PM

Ugh. Cruises sound less and less appealing...give me a nice camping/hiking trip for a vacation any day! Even without all the cruise mishaps lately, there's just something unnerving about the thought of being crammed in with all those random strangers with no real escape (kinda like flying, which I will do when necessary but don't like...though I guess I'd rather be on a ship that has a problem than a plane that has a problem).
Posted by: unimogbert

Re: Costa Concordia sister ship adrift in Indian Ocean - 02/28/12 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Jolt
...though I guess I'd rather be on a ship that has a problem than a plane that has a problem).

On the other hand, the airplane problem will be over a LOT sooner!