For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/18/11 12:06 AM

You can still see some of his short survival tip videos here:

http://science.discovery.com/videos/survivorman-tips/#mkcpgn=fbdsc23
Posted by: Roarmeister

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/18/11 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr

Or you can wait for the spring and see new episodes of Survivorman...
Posted by: Byrd_Huntr

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/18/11 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Roarmeister

Or you can wait for the spring and see new episodes of Survivorman...

That's great news!

I had heard he moved on to other things, but I've been hoping he would make some more episodes. It's been a long time since December 19, 2008 when his last new episode aired.
Posted by: Hikin_Jim

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/20/11 02:21 PM

I think that's good news that Les is going to do more Survivorman episodes. His heart really wasn't in it in his last episodes. I remember being really disappointed by his SAR episode in his last season. As good as his first season was, it really stood out how he really wasn't putting forth the same effort in his last season. I say this as a fan. I'm not bagging on Les. I'm just hoping for his best. He's really good when he puts himself into it.

HJ
Posted by: Denis

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/20/11 03:41 PM

I listened to a recent interview with him (I think it was this one) and it sounds like he might be doing some Survivorman specials as opposed to a new season. He said the problem with doing a show was they'd want 13 a year and that doing 13, 7 day survival outings a year was just too much for him.

That said, it sounds like he has a lot on the go so I won't be surprised if Izzy is correct in saying we'll see a lot from him in the next while.

In that interview he also mentioned he is in the final stages of development of a survival gear line with an as of yet unnamed company. I believe he mentioned something like 5 knives including a machete & an axe (I think) and some survival kits.

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/20/11 07:27 PM

Doing specials might be better for all of us -- Les and fans alike.

HJ
Posted by: 6pac

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/20/11 08:02 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Les actually came to this forum and asked for ideas about Survivorman long before filming started. Does anyone else remember this? I prefer Survivorman over all the others and I hope he does whats best for Les, but that would be great if he started filming again.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/20/11 10:31 PM

You are correct. Stroud is the best of the bunch.
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/21/11 08:49 PM

Hands down my favorite survival show and host. I'm very much looking forward to new episodes.
Posted by: Finn

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/22/11 01:37 PM

Hello,

A recent issue of Backwoodsman Magazine had an in depth interview with him. They are carrying some of his products.
He does have at least two knives that I know of- the Temagami & 9" temagami.
I hope that his stuff is better than the Gerber Bear Grylls line.
Good weekend!

Finn
Posted by: survivalgirl43

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/23/11 02:05 AM

I am huge les stroud fan
Posted by: leemann

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/23/11 04:21 AM

Welcome to the camp fire survivalgirl43 good folks here.
Love Les,cody and Dave good shows.

Lee
Posted by: ki4buc

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/30/11 11:43 PM

Les did come to this forum. In fact I believe he came looking for a guide in South Florida for him during one of the episodes. It's been so long, I don't remember, but I know I sent something to him, having no idea what it was for.

I think that is how I got his original canoe.net email address which has been long since shutdown.

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/31/11 12:42 AM

hey thats great I couldn't get into duel survival though I'll stick with les
Posted by: DaveT

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/31/11 09:55 AM

And several seasons of both "Survivorman" and "Dual Survival" are available for instant play on Netflix - just found that out the other day after reading and doing a search - I'd never thought to look before.
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 10/31/11 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: DaveT
And several seasons of both "Survivorman" and "Dual Survival" are available for instant play on Netflix - just found that out the other day after reading and doing a search - I'd never thought to look before.

Thanks Dave!
Posted by: widget

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/01/11 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: 6pac
If I'm not mistaken, Les actually came to this forum and asked for ideas about Survivorman long before filming started. Does anyone else remember this? I prefer Survivorman over all the others and I hope he does whats best for Les, but that would be great if he started filming again.

I had some forum conversations with Les, before Survivorman. I also had some emails and was impressed with his sincerity. A super nice down-to-earth guy.

I want more Survivorman, but to my mind he doesn't have to go for a week and live on bugs. He could do shows more like some of Ray Mears, educational, historical and informational. All on location. Bring all the food ya want/need Les!!

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/01/11 11:59 PM

[/quote] I want more Survivorman, but to my mind he doesn't have to go for a week and live on bugs. He could do shows more like some of Ray Mears, educational, historical and informational. All on location. Bring all the food ya want/need Les!! [/quote]

+1, I'd be happy to see that

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/02/11 12:17 AM

ya I have all of Survivorman on DVD

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/23/11 06:01 AM

Any of our members got the scoop as to when these will be hitting the air waves?

HJ

P.S. Their editor isn't going to survive much longer. It should be "ante" not "anty."
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/23/11 06:13 AM

Sweet! I loved Survivorman, truly one of the best shows ever on tv.

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/23/11 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Hikin_Jim
P.S. Their editor isn't going to survive much longer. It should be "ante" not "anty."

I think they were talking about his lunch on day 9. eek

They fixed it on the website ...

http://lesstroud.ca/news/survivorman-returns

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/23/11 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
Sweet! I loved Survivorman, truly one of the best shows ever on tv.
Yeah, I'm a big fan too -- especially of the first season. Some of the last season was pretty lame IMHO. I think Les was just going through the motions. I hope he's at the height of his "game" on these specials.

HJ

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/23/11 04:52 PM

A least it wasn't "aunty"

HJ

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/24/11 12:00 AM

A least it wasn't "aunty"

HJ

No wonder he's a cannibal, he's wearing a dress!

He must have been raised in medieval Wisconson.

Most of those morphed into Packer fans and now munch brats as opposed to quicker-moving prey.

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/24/11 12:19 AM

lol. Each region has its own survival food.

HJ

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/24/11 02:54 AM

oh you beat me to it this is from les stroud facebook page

well the cat got let out of the bag but here it is....yep: SURVIVORMAN RETURNS!!!! and I am upping the anty: i will be heading out for TEN days this time (instead of seven) I have been in talks with the networks for some time to make this a reality and it all happened on Friday...in fact in three weeks I head out for the first one I dont want to sound pretentious but my only reason is YOU....you have all been so kind and all requested I do some more that I thought - "yep....i should head out and show once again how it's really done!" still no camera crew - still real survival wish me luck - send me positive vibes....lets have a blast this time!!! I'm actually quite stoked about heading out again...I remain extremely proud of my series Beyond Survival. But doing Survivorman again now is strictly for the pure enjoyment of the skills and as I said - for my fans. Feel free to post this up for me on the various survival forums and blogs that are out there to help get the word out. stay tuned! Les Stroud
Posted by: Chisel

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/25/11 08:07 AM

Maybe irrelevant, but I thought it was nice to let everyone know, especially the Les fans.

Les Stroud once visited ETS and posted something

http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=19724&page=1
Posted by: Leigh_Ratcliffe

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 11/25/11 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Finn
Hello,

A recent issue of Backwoodsman Magazine had an in depth interview with him. They are carrying some of his products.
He does have at least two knives that I know of- the Temagami & 9" temagami.
I hope that his stuff is better than the Gerber Bear Grylls line.
Good weekend!

Finn

Before you go any further, I think that you should have a read of this:
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/show...l-Knife-UPDATED

The issue with the inital run have been corrected and I think that this knife, along with the rest of the line deserves to be judged on it's merits.

I have personally purchased one of these:

http://www.heinnie.com/Survival/Fire-Lig...4-485-872-6470/
and I discovered something interesting:
It works!
It is actually a very well made bit of kit that performs extremely well. It's better than the much vaunted Pro-Force, and has the honesty to use an economical, easy to replace tinder. As apposed to the expensive tinders like Wet-Fire and Tinder-Quick.

One other point: Les Stroud's collaboration with Helle may have produced a fine knfe, but it is not something that I would have as first choice. That is specifically because, like all Helle knives, the outer layer of steel makes it unsuitable for use with a ferro rod. Be ok, I suppose, if you have Bear's firesteel with you.
Posted by: Roarmeister

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 12/24/11 01:35 AM

He's on his way back to Canada from.... Norway. First show of the season is in the can. Now it's back to turkey and dressing for the Survivorman.

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 03/09/12 03:27 AM

Here's an interesting interview from last fall that I just ran across. Get a cup of coffee, it's an hour long.......

http://www.equiptoendure.com/WatchVideo.aspx?id=885

Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 03/09/12 06:14 AM

Wow, very cool! I'll watch whole thing later tonite.
Posted by: Denis

Re: For you Les Stroud fans... - 03/09/12 04:09 PM

Here's an interesting interview from last fall that I just ran across.

If that's the interview I'm thinking of, Les talks about his upcoming line of survival knives & kits. Since then, the line (of knives at least) have been announced & they are being sold by Camillus Knives.

photo source & article with some more info