Anyone Near Portland,Oregon?

Posted by: Jlambert

Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 05/29/11 07:59 AM

Hi everyone I am new here. I am looking for fellow preppers. I just moved to this area and am looking for some like minded people to hang out with and maybe get a group together or join a group. I truly believe that if it comes to a survival situation you have much better chances as surviving as a group. I also believe that each group member should bring unique skills to the table. I have been trained in Krav Maga and the hand to hand combat training they taught us in the military. I also bring skills with weapons and tactics. I can hunt trap and snare game and I know what plants are edible and what plants can be used as medicines. I have also been taught to survive in any environment be it desert, jungle, forest, arctic etc. So if anyone is near me and would like to meet up don't hesitate to message me.
Posted by: MDinana

Re: Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 05/29/11 04:30 PM

Howdy PO2,
Not from there, but welcome to ETS.
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 05/29/11 06:28 PM

Welcome aboard!

Re: Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 05/30/11 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Ah. We got ourselves a squid.

Welcome to the forum. Sadly, my friend. I'm not nearby. But I suspect you will find a handful of fellow ETS members that're in your general area.

Yes I was a squid what branch were you in?
Posted by: 6pac

Re: Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 05/30/11 12:12 PM

Welcome to ETS, very nice résumé. smile
Posted by: falcon5000

Re: Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 05/30/11 01:32 PM

Welcome aboard Jlambert, your a little far from us being in the south east but hopefully the north west guys may have something up in your area. Very impressive resume as well. I hope you find some valued information here and we look forward to any that you care to share.
Posted by: bacpacjac

Re: Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 05/31/11 12:52 AM

Welcome to ETS, Jlambert! I don't live out there but I bet that would be quite a group!
Posted by: Mark_F

Re: Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 05/31/11 12:24 PM

Nope, I'm not from out that way either but welcome to the forum. Grab a seat, sit by the fire, and tell us some stories (preferrably not the ones you have to kill someone afterwards though). With your training, I'm sure you can make some valuable contributions to the forum.
Posted by: Outdoor_Quest

Re: Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 05/31/11 05:59 PM

Good morning Boatswain!!!

Check out Leon's website at www.survivalcommonsense.com. He's in Central Oregon. Very sharp site!

I'm USN retired too.

Blake

www.outdoorquest.biz
www.outdoorquest.blogspot.com

Re: Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 06/01/11 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: NightHiker
Hey there Boats, welcome to ETS & greetings from SW Idaho!

HMC(ret)

A Chief Corpsman would be a great addition to any group. Never underestimate them to heal you. I knew an awesome HM1 and I swear that guy always knew what was up and could take care of dang near anything.

Re: Anyone Near Portland,Oregon? - 06/01/11 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Outdoor_Quest
Good morning Boatswain!!!

Check out Leon's website at www.survialcommonsense.com. He's in Central Oregon. Very sharp site!

I'm USN retired too.

Blake

www.outdoorquest.biz
www.outdoorquest.blogspot.com

I think you meant www.survivalcommonsense.com. With a little common sense I found it laugh. Thanks so much for the site to check out.