Cool it down folks.

Posted by: Blast

Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 03:57 AM

The world is going just a little bit crazy right. May I politely suggest that we remain a island of calm, helpfulness, and respect?

Because the other alternative is I starting nuking things from orbit.

-Blast
Posted by: CANOEDOGS

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 04:16 AM

well said,i have avoided looking at the comments section on a few of my favorite sites because of just that..however if you need someone who knows how to call fire let me know.
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 04:19 AM

MIRVed punishment cats? Egads! eek
Posted by: Eric

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 04:28 AM

Thanks for the kindly reminder Sheriff Blast.

I would like to take a short moment to point out that "nuking things from orbit" usually results in at least a short term increase in temperatures, at least locally around the target. cool

-Eric
Posted by: dweste

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 09:05 AM

How can we be helpful?
Posted by: 6pac

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 10:59 AM

Even though I haven't been an active member of this forum for very long, I have been coming here for a long time. I came here to learn from other people and their experiences. I never posted because I had nothing to offer, so I read and payed attention. It's amazing how as time goes on more and more flaming trolls come out of the wood work.
Posted by: Russ

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Blast
The world is going just a little bit crazy right. May I politely suggest that we remain a island of calm, helpfulness, and respect?

Because the other alternative is I starting nuking things from orbit.

-Blast
"It's the only way to be sure" . . . wink
Posted by: dweste

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: dweste
How can we be helpful?
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 02:38 PM

Sheriff, it occurs that your job is analogous to that of an engineer at a nuclear power plant..."Hmm, getting a bit too hot, better lower the control rods and cool the fuel rods down a bit. Still nice and warm though, generating heat and enlightenment..."
Posted by: ZenEngineer

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Eric
I would like to take a short moment to point out that "nuking things from orbit" usually results in at least a short term increase in temperatures, at least locally around the target.

Kinetic strikes are cleaner.
Posted by: Blast

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/16/11 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: dweste
How can we be helpful?

If your plan sounds like it would make a good video game and/or be illegal during sane times then just keep it to yourself.

If a person reads your reply and thinks someone must have just shot your dog, rewrite it.

If your post insults a particular race, religion, political ideology, nationality, or body-type act like a mature adult when it gets nuked.

Basically, treat everyone like they may someday decide whether or not to rescue you. Actually, that goes for real life not just here on ETS.

-Blast
Posted by: ki4buc

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/17/11 02:00 AM

Am I the only one that thinks its somewhat ironic Blast is using the term Nuked right now?
Posted by: Glock-A-Roo

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/17/11 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: ki4buc
Am I the only one that thinks its somewhat ironic Blast is using the term Nuked right now?

I was thinking the fallout from this could be substantial...
Posted by: Richlacal

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/17/11 02:52 AM

The Tempest,Will Comply!:)
Posted by: Mark_M

Re: Cool it down folks. - 03/17/11 05:26 AM

Sorry if I provided the spark for that flame. I promise to play well for now on.