Next Houston cannery trip is Nov. 3rd

Posted by: Blast

Next Houston cannery trip is Nov. 3rd - 10/26/10 12:32 PM

Hey Houston area readers, I arranged another trip for us to go to the Houston LDS cannery on the evening of Wednesday, Nov. 3rd. This is a great, inexpensive way to build up your food stockpile. That evening will only be equipped.org, Zombie Squad, and Hoodlums forum readers, so you have a chance to meet a lot of like-minded folk in our area.

For trip details check out this link.

Let me know if you are coming so I can give the cannery a headcount. Start time will be 6:30pm

Thanks,
-Blast
Posted by: dweste

Re: Next Houston cannery trip is Nov. 3rd - 10/26/10 07:14 PM

Another nice job, Blast!

Maybe I'll come to Houston and lower the average income, intelligence, productivity, etcetera, just to attend your sessions!

Re: CHANGED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 10/28/10 04:46 PM

The cannery is still having remodeling issues so we've been bumped to the evening of Nov. 9th. Sorry for the inconvience.

-Blast
Posted by: Shreela

Re: CHANGED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 10/28/10 07:40 PM

I hope there's room for one more at the LDS cannery!

Now that a dr has confirmed what's been causing the severe pain for 2'ish years (food additive sensitivities, think sinus migraine of the large intestine/colon!)

So I'm catching up on my feeds/forums and see this awesome trip for LDS canned food -- food without preservatives, YAY!

I'll probably have problems with lifting the heavy stuff since being in pain for so long makes one weak, but I have a small dolly I could bring, and can sweep, label, wipe tables of course.

If there is room for me, is anyone from the south side (Almeda Mall/Ellington) wanting to car pool?

Re: CHANGED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 10/28/10 11:45 PM

Wow, Shreela!! I was wondering whatever happened to you. I added a twitter feed to my blog after you talked about using that to update people after hurricane Ike.

Yes, currently we have six people signed up from various preparedness forums. There's room for twenty, folks! Don't be shy, come on along!

As for south-siders, BigDaddyTX on ZS lives down on the south side somewhere. PM him to see about car-pooling. Oh, and don't bother with a dolly, we can load everything into your vehicle for you. You're on your own once you get home, though!!

-Blast
Posted by: Shreela

Re: CHANGED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 10/29/10 01:42 AM

Thanks Blast!

I PM'd BigDaddyTX -- see ya soon either way ^_^
Posted by: CANOEDOGS

Re: CHANGED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 10/29/10 05:58 AM

Blast..if the have "spam" type cans give me a heads up.i have been looking all over for empty cans like that i can seal on my own but all i find is the normal can,cans.

Re: CHANGED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 10/29/10 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: CANOEDOGS
Blast..if the have "spam" type cans give me a heads up.i have been looking all over for empty cans like that i can seal on my own but all i find is the normal can,cans.

The Houston cannery only has the large #10 cans and mylar bags. I'll try to remember to ask the lady in charge if she knows a supplier for spam cans. Just to make sure we are on the same page, do you mean a key-opened can that comes with the key?

-Blast
Posted by: CANOEDOGS

Re: CHANGED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 10/29/10 03:07 PM

Blast..key or the new style pull tab.i'll do a post today to show you why..

Re: CHANGED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 11/04/10 12:16 PM

Bumped for those who may have missed it.

Re: CANCELLED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 11/05/10 08:43 PM

The cannery has run into massive problems with their remodeling project and now will not be open until December. frown

We'll reschedule as soon as possible.

-Blast
Posted by: StephanieM

Re: CANCELLED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 12/21/10 04:36 PM

Did you guys reschedule? I want to go to your next one!

Thanks!
Stephanie

Re: CANCELLED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 12/21/10 09:14 PM

I'm still trying to get the trip rescheduled. Their remodeling uncovered some major issues that required a lot more work that originally planned. Since they had to do the work they decided to expand the canning area. I've been talking to the lady in charge weekly, at this time she thinks it won't be open until sometime in January. frown

Once we have a firm rescheduled date I'll post it.

-Blast

p.s. They do have a storefront thing open right now at the site where you can buy 6-packs of #10 cans or red wheat, rice, flour, or quick oats. It's hours are weekdays 9am-4pm and Saturdays 9am-12pm.
Posted by: TeacherRO

Re: CANCELLED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 12/22/10 12:45 AM

Is there a master list for all the states ( for where they are and such)

Re: CANCELLED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 12/22/10 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: TeacherRO
Is there a master list for all the states ( for where they are and such)

LDS cannery locations.

-Blast
Posted by: StephanieM

Re: CANCELLED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 12/28/10 10:00 PM

Thanks wink I just got my grinder and I want to give it a try.
Posted by: 040854

Re: CANCELLED Houston cannery trip is Nov. 9rd - 01/11/11 09:37 PM

Has the trip to the cannery been rescheduled?

BACK ON! Houston cannery trip is Jan. 27th 2011 - 01/13/11 01:15 PM

The Houston LDS cannery is finally back up and yesterday I was able to schedule a group visit for Jan. 27th, 2011. It'll start at 6:30pm, I tried to make it 7pm, but the lady in charge didn't want to wait that long.

Remember to have your order form filled out and they only accept cash or checks.

Please let me know if you are attending, either by PM or stating so in this htread.
Thanks!

-Blast
Posted by: 040854

Re: BACK ON! Houston cannery trip is Jan. 27th 2011 - 01/18/11 09:39 PM

Blast,

I am a newcomer to you forum and I sent you a message regarding the Houston LDS Cannery trip which you responded. What I would like to know is, is anyone welcome to tag along as long as they let you know ahead of time if they will be attending? Thanks

Re: BACK ON! Houston cannery trip is Jan. 27th 2011 - 01/18/11 09:54 PM

Yes, just give me a head-count of how many. They do have to be over 18, though due to safety regulations.
Thanks,
-Blast

Re: BACK ON! Houston cannery trip is Jan. 27th 2011 - 01/25/11 02:43 AM

Bumped to remind people the cannery trip is this Thursday evening.

-Blast