Surefire LED models half off at LAPG!

Posted by: Phaedrus

Surefire LED models half off at LAPG! - 09/11/10 06:13 AM

Just a heads-up for all you folks, there's quite the deal on certain Surefire LED light models at LA Police Gear. Some of these lights were twice this price a month ago. If you're at all in the market you may want to check it out. I've purchased from them before and have found them to be a solid company.
Posted by: ILBob

Re: Surefire LED models half off at LAPG! - 09/11/10 07:10 PM

The price on a lot of Surefire models seems to have dropped lately. I wonder if they are dropping all their prices or if these are closeouts or what.

These do seem like better than average prices, even considering the recent price declines.
Posted by: sotto

Re: Surefire LED models half off at LAPG! - 09/11/10 11:40 PM

I have some older Surefires, maybe 10 years old plus. I hadn't been using them much, but I recently tried popping a "dead" CR123 battery into a single CR123 SF body that had what I think is a 1 watt LED head. Anyway, the thing lit up bright as daylight and ran that way for probably another hour total, then started flickering very slightly, then dimming after about another 15 mins or so to a low level light that's perfect for getting up to pee at night, in which use it continued to run for about another 45 mins to an hour or so. So, a dead CR123 battery is not really "dead" until it's Surefire dead, which starts to make what I paid for the light originally seem like a pretty good deal. Now I can squeeze the last nano amp out of those batteries. My Inova single CR123 red LED flashlight also drains batteries completely, but it's longer than the SF light, and I don't always want to use a red LED light.

Edit: I just checked. It's the Surefire KL1 1 watt LED head and the E1E body.

Re: Surefire LED models half off at LAPG! - 09/12/10 05:41 AM

I did splurge and order one, a G2ZL Combat Tactical. They were down to just Tan and Green, but I won't quibble over the color at that price.

Re: Surefire LED models half off at LAPG! - 09/12/10 12:28 PM

Oh, correction- I did get the black one after all. NOW all that's left is green and tan. grin
Posted by: MarkO

Re: Surefire LED models half off at LAPG! - 09/13/10 04:02 AM

You could give me a Surefire for free and I'll still go ahead and use my Serac S3 (Leatherman). Cracking little flashlight.

I was very disappointed in the Surefire G2 I had (still have but never use).

Re: Surefire LED models half off at LAPG! - 09/13/10 05:50 AM

The G2 isn't a great light, at least not the original incandescant ones. I wasn't crazy about that one, either.
Posted by: Perfectful

Re: Surefire LED models half off at LAPG! - 09/16/10 07:28 AM

I only have Ultrafire 501b , it is cheap and super bright !
Like it very much !

Daniel