SAK survival pouch,

Posted by: Anonymous

SAK survival pouch, - 11/10/02 04:54 PM

<br><br>Any one know where I can look up the contents of the SAK champ survival pouch? As I think I am missing some bits when it was given to me.<br><br>Reinhardt <br>

Re: SAK survival pouch, - 11/10/02 08:15 PM

A bunch of swiss army knife sites have pictures and a list of contents in it.I am going to try to find one.
Posted by: Trusbx

Re: SAK survival pouch, - 11/11/02 02:48 AM

The Victorinox SAK sos kit and survival kit in the pouches are not bad. But you will have to modify them quite a bit to get a decent set-up.<br><br> Victrinox survival kit <br><br> Victorinox SOS set <br><br>While the knife is good, what is dismal are the following<br>1. No water prurification / storage methods<br>2. Lousy wooden matches<br>3. poor selection / length of cordage<br>4. minimal fishing kit<br>5. poor first aid items.<br><br>Modifications done :<br>SOS kit - I bought a sep pouch for the swisschamp knife and got a small plastic container which fit into the space of the SOS kit pouch.<br>added to pouch<br>1. removed solitaire maglight - attached pulsar II led to swisschamp keyring - put a disposable lighter in its place (pen like)<br>2. removed stone - transferred to new pouch<br>3. 2 water bags (oven bags)<br>4. duct tape<br>5. alu whistle with container (containing 10 chlorine based water purification tabs)<br>6. 2pc BCB waterproof note paper<br>7. 15 ft stainless steel wire<br>8. 3 trick relighting birthday candles<br>9. 3 platic covered twist ties<br>10. 3 more bandaids<br><br>In plastic container:<br>1. 40ld test braided fishing line wound around bobbin about 50 feet<br>2. DIY sparklite (from mini lighter)<br>3. 6 storm wind/waterproof matches + striker<br>4. 1 x ready made snare ( steel fishing wire with swivels)<br>5. 3 small / 3 medium fish hooks / 2 swivels / 6 split shot into bottom of DIY sparklite<br>6. 2 paracetemol<br>7. 2 polaramine 6mg<br>8. 2 diphenoxylate/atropine (lomotil)<br>9. matches from the SOS kit<br>10. 3 small / 4 med safety pins<br>11. sewing kit from SOS kit<br>12. 5 spark lite tinders<br>13. 10 more water purification tabs<br><br>all in a plastic container sealed with duct tape.<br><br>although not perfect, it beats the out of the box kit anytime. <br><br>

Re: SAK survival pouch, - 11/16/02 05:17 AM

Get the basic knife and pouch and make your kit. <br>Mariner