Portable Generator for Emergency Power

Posted by: Horus

Portable Generator for Emergency Power - 04/28/10 08:05 PM

I can't tell you guys (and gals) how much help it's been using the forum for research on picking a generator. Either through my own queries or reading others. I've now posted Part 3 of my series about picking the right generator for my house. I ended up with a Honda and that won't surprise many of the people here who regularly post on the topic.

Click hereto read it.

If you're an expert, this is probably is too basic, but I do walk through some of the problems I had which I think a lot of people encounter. If you're thinking about getting a generator, I hope you find my experience helpful.

Thanks!
Horus.
Posted by: Todd W

Re: Portable Generator for Emergency Power - 04/28/10 10:44 PM

Cool article, I might suggest not having us "hop" to new pages that made reading it very annoying.

Re: Portable Generator for Emergency Power - 04/29/10 12:34 AM

Thanks for the input. The problem with putting it all on one page is that since it's so long it would take up too much space on the homepage--at least that's what the web gurus tell me. I'll try and find some ways to make navigation easier.
Posted by: ajax

Re: Portable Generator for Emergency Power - 04/29/10 03:41 AM

At least link the pages together. Make a "next" or "back" link at the bottom of each part.
Posted by: Jesselp

Re: Portable Generator for Emergency Power - 04/29/10 12:37 PM

This is a really useful article.

I'm moving into a new home this summer (new to me) and I will be in the same boat - dependant on electricity to run the boiler for heat. I'll want to purchase a generator, and it appears you've done much of the legwork for me! Thanks!

Quick question: anyone have any experience with this genset? : Costco Propane Powered Genset

Would it fall into the category of loud and unreliable? I already keep BBQ Bomb propane tanks around for the grill, so this would sure be convenient. . .

Re: Portable Generator for Emergency Power - 04/29/10 12:40 PM

Okay. Done. Good advice. You should now be able to navigate from any part of the series to any other part of the series. Sorry for the double pages for each part, but when I originally posted these I did the intro on the homepage, and the rest on a second page. The reason is because otherwise they would have taken up too much space on the homepage and pushed everything else a mile down. Hope that helps.