Frozen movie lessons

Posted by: Alex

Frozen movie lessons - 03/28/10 05:36 PM

Just watched Frozen movie. Very good and highly recommended for ETS members! Not too much horrific (just sad truth,IMO), but many real life tough lessons to learn. Very good material for our experts to analyze.

My notes:
  • in a desperate situation act immediately, don't wait;
  • be observant to the unfamiliar environment (look for escape routes for example);
  • the mobile phone is not an annoying gadget but survival device;
  • minimalistic PSK is a must (flashlight, knife, paracord);
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Frozen movie lessons - 03/28/10 06:08 PM

Unless this flick is a rigorous documentary, I would not treat it as a training film (I didn't see any sign that it was). If you get your survival tips from Hollywood, you are usually getting some terrible advice. I know there must be some exceptions, but I really can't think of any, offhand.
Posted by: Alex

Re: Frozen movie lessons - 03/28/10 06:14 PM

Nope, there is nothing like survival tips film. It's more like a stranded weekend hiker news reports we're discussing time to time here, but not very efficiently because of serious lack of details. Here you have all of the subtle details which led to the tragedy step by step.
Posted by: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Re: Frozen movie lessons - 03/28/10 07:50 PM

The movie sounds like the same predicament Ritchie Richard and Eddie Hitler found themselves in when stuck a top a Ferris Wheel which had been shut down for the night (the ferris wheel was due to be blown up early next morning) but without the wind chill factor and the wolves. wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nc45x2jghM

Posted by: comms

Re: Frozen movie lessons - 04/01/10 05:17 AM

Well I learned from the movie, Deep Blue Sea, that sharks are not supposed to be able to swim backwards.

That count?

BTW, thanks for the reminder to save that DVD in my Netflix queue. I read a review of it at Aint it Cool a while back. Good response for a thriller