Help buying an Otterbox for kit use

Posted by: Mark_F

Help buying an Otterbox for kit use - 01/28/10 02:23 PM

Need some help again (what else is new,right). I am considering buying an Otterbox to put a mini-kit in and am having trouble deciding on these two options.

1) What size? I am debating between the 1000 and the 2000. I know the 1000 will be small enough for a pocket but the 2000 has a little more room and seems like it should be pocket size as well but I am afraid it will be too big for EDC. Anyone have first hand experience with either (or preferrably both) of these?

2) What color? I am debating between two color choices, yellow and clear. Yellow because of its high visibility if lost or dropped; or clear because I can examine most of the kit contents at a glance; which is a better choice?

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance and looking forward to your comments.
Posted by: TeacherRO

Re: Help buying an Otterbox for kit use - 01/28/10 04:21 PM

Why not a tupperware container? Lots more sizes, and lighter
Posted by: Mike_H

Re: Help buying an Otterbox for kit use - 01/28/10 05:01 PM

I have an Otterbox 3000 and 2000. I use the 3000 for my survival kit, but it is intended to be in a pack. I use the 2000 for my FAK.

I would maybe carry the 2000 in a cargo pant pocket, but it is a little bulky. I personally like the yellow coloring for visibility.

Here is a link to pictures and my post in this forum.
Posted by: Mike_H

Re: Help buying an Otterbox for kit use - 02/05/10 04:47 PM

Those boxes also have an inner liner... If you get them unlined, such as the clear versions, you gain a bit more room.

I'm surprised at how much I can cram into that 2000.