Just Wondering...

Posted by: sybert777

Just Wondering... - 01/28/10 04:23 AM

If Doug started this site, why is he member number 3? i was just wondering, maybe he forgot his passwords wiht his age! just kidding, you are gettong a little gray ritter!! buy with age comes knowledge!
Posted by: Paul810

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/28/10 05:18 AM

Usually the first account is an admin account that is used strictly to set up the forum. The second account might have belonged to someone that helped Doug set everything up or to a test "member status" account to make sure everything functioned properly for normal members.

Either way, when you look at the list of member #'s, Doug is the first member on the list, so whatever other accounts there were, they got deleted.
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/28/10 01:53 PM

You think DR is old? In my youth, we never had to worry about hypothermia - the earth hadn't cooled yet...
Posted by: Mark_F

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/28/10 02:46 PM

Ha ha ha, just what I needed hikermor. Thanks for the laugh.

Sybert, just wait. It'll happen to you soon enough. One day you'll look in the mirror and notice the grey hair in your beard or on your head. Or you'll be wondering where the hair on your head went to. And wishing you had it back. Your time will come. laugh
Posted by: comms

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/28/10 06:31 PM

I am just under 4k but I didn't create an account until 2008. I have been reading the forums since 2003. BUT, my REI member number is six digits. lol.
Posted by: ironraven

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/28/10 11:54 PM

Keep in mind, there was a point when just about everyone had to sign back up due to a server failure. Can't even find my original user name on the list.

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/29/10 04:51 AM

I just joined in 2008 or 2009. i also have been reading the forums for several years but just signed up. DR is not old, Probably like 42 but, he has alot more knowledge than i could ever hope for. SORRY DR!!
Posted by: Blast

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/29/10 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: ironraven
Keep in mind, there was a point when just about everyone had to sign back up due to a server failure. Can't even find my original user name on the list.

Wow, I don't remember that event and I'm #120, joined in 2002. *sigh* I see some names on the list of very good people who no longer post here. frown Luckily all you newbies* are pretty smart and excellent replacements. smile

-Blast, trying to figure out how he became an old-timer

*newbies defines as anyone with a member number bigger than 200. grin
Posted by: MDinana

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/29/10 02:17 PM

Wow... I'm 2488. That's so new!
Posted by: ki4buc

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/29/10 02:24 PM

I'm 395... wow... have I been here that long?

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/29/10 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: ki4buc

Newbie! grin
-Blast
Posted by: Cauldronborn

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/29/10 06:34 PM

number 4661, goo goo ga ga ?

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/29/10 10:16 PM

#4819 im definately a newbie!
Posted by: Roarmeister

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/29/10 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Blast
Originally Posted By: ki4buc

Newbie! grin
-Blast

Watch out about calling someone a newbie! [I'm 34 which I believe is slightly older than 120] grin

I signed up on Sept 12, 2001 after lurking for quite a while. Guess what made me start posting here?
Posted by: KG2V

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/30/10 01:26 AM

315 here - now, over on /., my userid is in the 33K range, and it's my SECOND user ID (can't even remember my first) - which makes me 'super old' there
Posted by: Mark_F

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/30/10 04:39 AM

#4641, Cauldronborn, guess we're sharing the playpen. Gimme that squeezee toy ... and get your own doug ritter designed eQ headlamp. laugh

BTW, thanks for the compliment Blast. Some of us newbies like to think we're more intelligent than the average bear. wink Although my odd sense of humor sometimes makes me appear less serious and devoted than I truly am. Hope everyone can see past that though. I'm here for the duration.
Posted by: EchoingLaugh

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/30/10 04:47 AM

#4777, Can I get in on that squeezee toy action?

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/30/10 05:14 PM

Instead of the squeezee toy,would you like my namesake ? or maybe my battletech action figure teddy bear ?
Posted by: ironraven

Re: Just Wondering... - 01/30/10 05:56 PM

I could be misremembering, but I was here as "cyberraven" for a while pre-2002 and I've heard mentions of a massive server fail while I was away. I even remember someone stealing a huge chunk of material from the website and publishing it without permission.

(Been around too long.)

Posted by: Traderjac

Re: Just Wondering... - 02/06/10 02:21 AM

How does one check on what # they are?
Posted by: Traderjac

Re: Just Wondering... - 02/06/10 02:23 AM

Never mind, I found it ..over 4000

Re: Just Wondering... - 02/06/10 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Cauldronborn
Instead of the squeezee toy,would you like my namesake ? or maybe my battletech action figure teddy bear ?

I always assumed "Cauldronborn" had something to do with that magical cauldron of someone or other that would heal anyone who immersed themselves in it. I'm digging the mechnabear, may have to print that out for DD1 to color!

-Blast
Posted by: EchoingLaugh

Re: Just Wondering... - 02/06/10 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Cauldronborn

Yes please!

Awesome! I loved mechwarrior! now i gotta find it again! smile

Re: Just Wondering... - 04/22/10 10:38 AM

Your right blast cauldron-born IS something to do with a magical cauldron as well as a battlemech, but instead of healing someone it was used to resurrect the dead into zombie-like warriors in Lloyd Alexander's series of fantasy books The Chronicles of Prydain.

PS: just to be clear I took my name from the mech' NOT the zombies!! But if you and your ZS team try hunt me down you'll have to contend with one or two of my walking tanks grin
Posted by: airballrad

Re: Just Wondering... - 04/22/10 12:59 PM

#2987; I just squeaked under the 3k line. grin

I lurked here for while until ironraven saw my gear hoard on ZS and recommended ETS, so I finally created an account.
Posted by: comms

Re: Just Wondering... - 04/22/10 01:09 PM

I haven't been on ZS in a loooong time. Must go there today
Posted by: Xterior

Re: Just Wondering... - 04/22/10 07:02 PM

Thank God, I'm still a young. 1047 smile