where to find electrolyte tabs?

Posted by: Anonymous

where to find electrolyte tabs? - 06/18/01 02:44 AM

heay there. looking around for some electrolyte tablets for the kit, but can't find any. i've tried grocery stores, drug stores, even tried the local GNC, but the guy there tried to hook me up with some 'mega mineral supplement' crap. tried the local surplus store, nadda. a couple camping stores, one had these really bulky drink mix packets, but no pills. any ideas? thanks.<br><br>
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: where to find electrolyte tabs? - 06/18/01 03:43 AM

Try searching for Medi-Lyte, which is what I have in a couple of the commercial first aid kits I have laying around. Lists ingredients as:<br><br>Potassium chloride, 40mg., calcium phosphate, 18mg., magnesium carbonate, 9mg.<br><br>You'll fidn this sort of thing at industrial and safety supply sites/houses like Conney, Lab Safety, etc.<br><br><br>Doug Ritter<br>Editor<br>Equipped To Survive
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: where to find electrolyte tabs? - 06/18/01 07:32 AM

Electrolytes are nice to have, but please consider this caveat .Most of us habitually walk around in various states of dehydration,or else think we are hydrating with soft drinks or coffee. Then in typical consumer logic we overdue the cure:If two flea bombs are recommended then a dozen will really do the trick,and goodbye house! Overuse of electrolytes can actually inhibit the normal intake of other vital trace minerals and nutrients.I learned this from a nutritionist who works with distance runners.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: where to find electrolyte tabs? - 06/19/01 05:20 AM

I've tried to get the ones Doug mentions but found most suppliers only deal with companies, specifically health and safety depts. As he mentions, most decent commercial first aid its include some, but I haven't found a supplier who sells the tablets separately to the public<br><br>As an alternative you could try the capsules that ultra runners use - the two most popular being SUCCEED and E-Caps. <br><br>These masochists whom run 50 - 100 mile races swear by these which come in gel, drink or capsule (my favourite, as you can add to water).<br><br>These are electrolyte replacement capsules that have sodium and potassium and are readily available from several online stores for ultra runners<br><br>