DR's new psk

Posted by: big_al

DR's new psk - 11/27/09 02:16 AM

has any body recived information if the new psk will make it before christmas??
Posted by: T_Co

Re: DR's new psk - 11/27/09 02:29 AM

He said January 2010 (give or take , but I have been waiting for an update as well. Per Doug "AMK says they will be available in January 2010. We'll see. Expected delivery dates tend to be less than accurate in my experience. This one is at least far enough down to road that I am somewhat confident we might come close."

Re: DR's new psk - 11/27/09 02:44 AM

T_Co:
Thanks
Posted by: Doug_Ritter

Re: DR's new psk - 11/27/09 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: big_al
has any body recived information if the new psk will make it before christmas??

It won't be before January, perhaps February.

Happy Thanksgiving
Posted by: MDinana

Re: DR's new psk - 11/27/09 04:14 PM

Any hints as to what changes will be made?

I have a feeling the Pico and maybe the new DR mini-knife will be included. Either of those would be pretty cool. Otherwise... I'm just curious!

Re: DR's new psk - 11/27/09 04:14 PM

Thanks Mr. Ritter:
The wait is excruciating, but at least it gives me time to save up for more than one.
Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Re: DR's new psk - 11/27/09 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: MDinana
Any hints as to what changes will be made?

I read somewhere, can't remember where, a plastic bag for storing water and water purification tabs will be added.

Jeanette Isabelle

Re: DR's new psk - 11/30/09 11:56 PM

Contents listed HERE
Posted by: MDinana

Re: DR's new psk - 12/02/09 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: T_Co
Contents listed HERE

Thanks! I remember that thread, but didn't recall the specifics (or the water purification stuff)

Boy, that price went up, didn't it? I'd be curious to look at the sales on both of those when they come out. I might have to steal my GF's "Mark-1" and get her the new one. I figure all the new toys I have already when I go hiking, so less likely to "need and not have" if I got geographically misidentified.

Re: DR's new psk - 12/02/09 02:41 AM

I'm curious so I'm going to wait to see before I commit to Aero for kit the with the knife and extras. I like to combine shipping on orders. Know friends who have dedicated PSK's minus a good knife. AMK breaks down many of their kits for individual part sale. Thinking 1 or 2 PSK+ and maybe a few loose knifes if that is the case.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: DR's new psk - 12/03/09 01:46 AM

Yikes, another $160, or can we get a "supplemental" that just adds the carrying device, knife, tabs, water bag, etc. to our existing kits??

Re: DR's new psk - 12/03/09 08:26 PM

How many are you getting to come to this $160 amount?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: DR's new psk - 12/04/09 07:16 PM

I have 2 of the "old" PSP's, so if I wanted to upgrade and replace, I'd have to buy 2 of the new at $80 apiece?

That being said, I broke it down another way by adding the new items listed in the link-

RSK Mk5 Knife- $26.99
eGear Pico Lite- $12.95
Katadyn Micropur- $ 3.00 (a pack of 20 is $9.95 so the six pack would be a 1/3ish)
Nasco Whirl pak- $20.00 (everything I can find on Nasco bags prices them absurdly, so I just picked a water bladder price to fill in here)

So, in conclusion, from what I see here I would be spending almost as much to add these items to my existing PSP without including shipping costs and the cost of the "RF welded water-resistant case that also includes a stash pocket on the back."

I'm thinking, I have a usable multi-tool, so don't need the knife. I have a good lite, so ditto, and a Steripen, ditto again, and of course plenty of water carrying devices. So the only advantage in upgrading is the self contained nature of the one device.

Re: DR's new psk - 12/05/09 02:07 AM

"The price of learning how to upgrade your own PSK from someone else's so it could suit your specific needs ..........PRICELESS"

Otherwise, Im holding off as i said. Great, jumping off point gift wise.
Posted by: WILD_WEASEL

Re: DR's new psk - 12/05/09 03:04 AM

As a civilian contractor I’m responsible for my own survival gear. Presently I carry a private purchase; IFAK, BenchMade 5000, and my personal survival tin, attached to my body armor. I plan on purchasing Doug’s New PSK to replace my personal kit when it becomes available, regardless of price. So Doug I hope you ship to APO’s.

Cheers,
W-W
Posted by: ironraven

Re: DR's new psk - 12/05/09 12:59 PM

Lets wait for it to be out.

Heck, for the right case for a PSK, I'd be tempted to pay $20, but I'm a bit OCD on that topic.