Belt知ups

Posted by: Exploriment

Belt知ups - 10/01/09 09:27 PM

Thought everyone here would enjoy seeing this. My attempt to carry a survival kit (or at least some components) inside a belt.

Belt知ups
Posted by: scafool

Re: Belt知ups - 10/01/09 09:39 PM

Just out of curiosity, have you considered doing a rifle sling like that.
Posted by: Todd W

Re: Belt知ups - 10/02/09 01:07 AM

Unique idea! I like it!
Posted by: 2005RedTJ

Re: Belt知ups - 10/02/09 01:19 AM

That's very cool. The first question I asked myself when I saw the concept (before I saw the pictures) was whether the belt loops were going to be a problem.

Still an awesome concept though. Somewhere no-one would think to look, hence why they make money belts.
Posted by: TeacherRO

Re: Belt知ups - 10/02/09 03:51 AM

Very interesting idea - I wonder what ver. 2.0 might look like?
My thinking is more along the lines of pouches (bat utility belt) for a variety of reasons.

TRO
Posted by: MostlyHarmless

Re: Belt知ups - 10/02/09 07:45 AM

That is very clever thinking!

One question: You write that you intend to use the tubular cover for your wire saw as a drinking/water collection straw. Can you remove the saw from the tube without damage?
Posted by: Tyber

Re: Belt知ups - 10/02/09 11:45 AM

Like the idea and the design.

I especialy liked the honesty that the it was not intended to be some "James Bond" or "Escape out of prision" type device, but rather just a convient way to carry gear.

Posted by: Blast

Re: Belt知ups - 10/02/09 12:01 PM

That's a better design than many travel/money belts I've seen. Good job!

-Blast
Posted by: Compugeek

Re: Belt知ups - 10/02/09 01:18 PM

Maybe I missed it, but how would you get the stuff back out? Would you have to slit the belt?

Re: Belt知ups - 10/02/09 02:28 PM

Thanks.

The rifle sling is perhaps a better usage of this idea than as a belt.

The saw comes out of the tube with a bit of work. A bit of a struggle, but it does come out.

The whole bundle on the other hand comes out quite easily. Take one of the buckles off, take one of the tri-glides off, hold it up and let gravity do its thing. I suppose that if it was an emergency, I壇 be willing to slit the belt open if I had to.

I used Press地 Seal, but I would just use plain old cling wrap if I was doing it again. It痴 smoother than the Press地 Seal.

Re: Belt知ups - 11/30/12 05:16 AM

Well, after spending over an hour trying to carefully recreate my blog post, painstakingly reposting all the pictures and links, and having only half the pictures actually show up, I guess a link to my blog will have to do. mad

I revisited this idea to make it more feasible for actual wear.

http://exploriment.blogspot.ca/2012/11/totally-tubular-beltmups-pt-2.html
Posted by: spuds

Re: Belt知ups - 11/30/12 08:27 AM

You may need more than one post,it only allows so many pics per post,then it just shows the pic code,happened to me here too.
Posted by: TeacherRO

Re: Belt知ups - 12/01/12 04:15 AM

Nice set up. An easy to always remember to have stuff with you

Re: Belt知ups - 12/01/12 12:22 PM

Originally Posted By: spuds
You may need more than one post,it only allows so many pics per post,then it just shows the pic code,happened to me here too.

D'oh! Oh well, too late now. But I will remember that for future reference. Thanks.
Posted by: codyjack

Re: Belt知ups - 10/21/13 03:23 PM

Using the search function and the word "belt", I stumbled across this very interesting thread. Great work!

As you can see here, I've been wearing a similar, though less equipped belt kit with some basic survival gear for the last couple of years.
Posted by: nursemike

Re: Belt知ups - 10/24/13 02:55 PM

Oetzi the icemans belt
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Belt知ups - 10/25/13 12:26 AM

Neat link...Looks like we are carrying on a long and venerable tradition. The ability to make fire has always been crucial.