Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool

Posted by: Craig

Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 09/22/02 06:33 PM

Has anyone heard of Schrade's new i-QUIP and Navitool items? They certainly don't look like anything I've seen before.<br><br>They are billed as "Intelligent Equipment for the Outdoors." The i-QUIP won the 2001 Popular Mechanics Design & Engineering Award.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 09/23/02 02:09 AM

http://www.schradeknives.com/iquip.cfm
Posted by: Trusbx

Re: Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 09/23/02 04:49 AM

You may like to read Doug's impressions<br><br> here ---> scroll down to the schrade tool.... <br><br><br>

Re: Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 09/23/02 04:53 AM

Yeah, a good friend of mine has one. He's in love with the thing...and I wouldn't be supprised if he kept it under his pillow at night, wrapped up in a baby diaper. Anyway, I'm trying to get him to let me "borrow" it, and then talk him in to letting me do a pass-around to some established members of this forum. We'll see.<br><br>P.S. What the hell is Safety Of Life At Sea, just more unverifiable, marketing jargon I guess.<br><br>John McIntire

Re: Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 09/23/02 07:07 AM

I don't like the idea of putting all of my eggs into one basket. I'd end up getting a compass, whistle, mirror, fire w/tender, SAK and so on just so I'd have backup to the tool for when it died or I lost it.
Posted by: zpo2

Re: Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 09/23/02 05:52 PM

SOLAS-its a Coast Guard Certification or the like.

Re: Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 09/23/02 06:55 PM

Longbow50,<br><br>I couldn't agree more. I don't trust my life to anything that runs on batteries or fuel.<br><br>John McIntire
Posted by: bones

Re: Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 09/23/02 11:58 PM

SOLAS is an international maritime law ("blue water") standard, not coastal.
Posted by: Craig

Re: Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 09/28/02 09:17 PM

Well, you gotta admit, they do look cool.

Re: Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 09/30/02 10:54 PM

Thats why I refuse to buy a gps or anything like that. I dont mind doing things the old fashion way. lol.<br><br>ballon man

Re: Schrade's new i-QUIP & Navitool - 10/25/02 03:01 AM

Yes <br><br>I have The Navitool.It is a very neat tool.It has all the blades from a swiss army knife along with a compass,small flashlight,signal mirror,a compartment for a Bic lighter, and a whistle.