first aid suppliers

Posted by: Cauldronborn

first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 09:00 AM

Hi guys.

I need to upgrade my FAK but I'm having some trouble finding places selling things like a box of 100 4x4's.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction on the web?

I've searched the forums but can't seem to find anything on this. blush
Posted by: Andy

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 09:57 AM

I use Fieldtex . They have decent variety, pricing and shipping.
Posted by: Desperado

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 10:09 AM

I have used the following:
RedFlare
Mfasco
BP Medical Supplies

Having said that, I will only be using RedFlare in the future unless I find some obscure item they don't stock. Service, price and the fact he is a member here is what drives my decisions.

Posted by: Lono

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 12:21 PM

BP Medical is good, I have also ordered from boundtree.com and they are very good also.
Posted by: JohnE

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 03:01 PM

I use BP medical frequently. Can take a few extra days to ship for unknown reasons but his prices are very good and I always get what I ordered.

Posted by: Todd W

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 04:38 PM

Wahoo!

Finally people are letting me know where to get stuff! My same question in the long FAK thread went unanswered *DOH!*.

-Todd
Posted by: Glocker36

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 04:44 PM

I have used Emergency Medical Products for both work as well as personal equipment. I am an EMT and my department orders from them as well.

http://www.buyemp.com/

Posted by: Cauldronborn

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd W
Wahoo!

Finally people are letting me know where to get stuff! My same question in the long FAK thread went unanswered *DOH!*.

-Todd

Glad to of helped you Todd, and thanks everyone, I think my bank account's going to have a good size hole blown in it grin
Posted by: Andy

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 06:20 PM

Just a quick comparison:

4x4 12ply 100 bx
Buyemp.com $6.44 Dukal
mfasco.com $6.94 Dukal
Redflare.com $17.00 Swift
BPMedical.com n/a
Fieldtex.com $8.75 Dynarex

For the life of me I couldn't find 4x4's on the BPMedical site.

Redflare does sell these indivudally, everybody else sells them by the box.The rightmost column is the brand name.

Shipping costs and other product selection varies.

Not an endorsement, just geting some time away from a boring task at the office...
Posted by: JohnE

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 06:29 PM

BP Medical has 4x4 gauze 12 ply pads, $6.00 for 100 individually wrapped.

Go to the website, do a search for 4x4 gauze, they were on the 3rd page referenced by the search.

They're also the Dynarex brand.

Posted by: Lono

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 06:40 PM

And if you're looking for individually wrapped 4x4s, those tend to go as 'sterile' - you can also buy non-sterile which are simply 100-200 4x4s in one big bundle. Cheap, but maybe not what you're looking for.

Also 4ply, 8 ply, 12 ply - takes your choice there.
Posted by: Art_in_FL

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 09:34 PM

One way to shop is to type in a rough description of what you want and used Google Shopping. Finding a sites and a more definite description I insert this back into the search. Then tweak and compare what you get by changing the ordering from price to rating. Searching the store site for a location and phone number can be handy. Inserting their name and 'complaints' or similar term can get you a reasonable estimate of their reliability. I follow up with an e-mail or a phone call to get some impression of how they handle customers and orders.

I find the best buying experience comes often from mid-sized online retailers. Often they are just a bit more expensive than the cheapest supplier but they often give it back to you in service.

It is often good to search for local 'medical suppliers'. Key there, as usual, is to find a supplier far enough up the food chain to get good prices but far enough down to be responsive to the smaller orders your likely to buy.

Collectivizing supply orders can get you big discounts. You get a much better price for 4by4s if you order them by the thousand. Coordinating with CERT, local volunteer FD, other prepers, and anyone else you can being on board, can save a lot of money.

Posted by: big_al

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 10:07 PM

This is where I get mine all in one bag and then you can resuse the bag.
http://www.bestglide.com/medpack.html
Posted by: big_al

Re: first aid suppliers - 09/14/09 11:15 PM

Sorry Todd:
This is just for you grin
http://www.bestglide.com/medpack.html