Reasons not to try camping

Posted by: GradyT34

Reasons not to try camping - 08/16/09 04:24 AM

Article #128 is a perplexing article about the real costs and dangers of camping - Camping, #128

Comments, anyone?
Posted by: anotherinkling

Re: Reasons not to try camping - 08/16/09 04:48 AM

Hahaha! Satire, sweet satire.
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: Reasons not to try camping - 08/16/09 04:48 AM

Yup, this is a humour blog, and everything said is tongue-in-cheek.

But: I have gone camping (fluffy car camping), entirely by accident (friend of a friend), with individuals who should heed this advice and stay far the h*** away from any place outside a large urban area.

It's not their loud music, nor the baiting of hungry bears or rutting elk, nor their using pristine mountain streams as sewers, nor their utter incompetence in staying warm and dry. It's the endless whining.

No blood on my axe, though I thought about it.

Guess I'm becoming a grumpy old bear myself ...

Posted by: Dagny

Re: Reasons not to try camping - 08/16/09 11:12 AM

That blog is a disturbing mirror of my life.

Except for the Bob Marley section, tatoos and I had a Honda instead of a Vespa.

Don't know what my Kosher Sea Salt cost.

Posted by: scafool

Re: Reasons not to try camping - 08/16/09 12:40 PM

It was good enough that I might buy a copy of the book.
Posted by: MDinana

Re: Reasons not to try camping - 08/16/09 02:54 PM

I've seen this site before. It's hilarious, if you can laugh at yourself and stereotypes in general.

I wonder if stereotype activities about other races would be seen as funny, or racist? interesting dichotomy sometimes.
Posted by: Desperado

Re: Reasons not to try camping - 08/16/09 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: MDinana
I've seen this site before. It's hilarious, if you can laugh at yourself and stereotypes in general.

I wonder if stereotype activities about other races would be seen as funny, or racist? interesting dichotomy sometimes.

Rhetorical question. . . .
Posted by: MoBOB

Re: Reasons not to try camping - 08/16/09 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: MDinana

'pends on who is writin' it; as always.

I loved it. My skin is thick enough. You should here the stuff I say about village idiots (old term for epileptics) and I am one! Got to keep it light in life.
Posted by: Nicodemus

Re: Reasons not to try camping - 08/16/09 09:42 PM

Christian Lander's site, "Stuff White People Like" is hilarious. The blogpost on camping is great.