Elusive

Posted by: Anonymous

Elusive - 06/02/01 01:43 AM

Dear all....I think I have been building survival kits since I was about 5 years old and I think I'm almost there...BUT.... Since the day I started one thing has escaped me...Where can you get small (tabacco tin small) bottles / containers for medicines/tablets. I don't know why but i'm not interested in shrink wrapping / vacuum sealing. If anyone has any ideas I would be extremely greatful. Thanks all..and great site!<br><br>

Re: Elusive - 06/02/01 12:46 PM

Check out Doug's Repackaging Portable Agua Page. Doug list small vials from Exploration Products and BlueLine Outfitters (no website) <br><br>

Re: Elusive - 06/02/01 02:30 PM

for tablets i use really small zip-loc bags, the kind small nuts and bolts are shipped in. not sure where to get them, i just had some laying around. put a piece of duck tape on there for a label, works pretty good. down-side is it can get crushed, up side is it's real easy to see what you got.<br><br>

Re: Elusive - 06/05/01 04:48 PM

How about those small single use tins that you sometimes see at the convience stores for aspirin. They are about the size of a postage stamp and hold 4 pills. You squeeze one corner and the other sides pop up.<br><br>These might have been overcome by the current single use type packets that are paper type packaging you tear open and throw away. <br><br>An alternate might be those tubes about the size of a chapstick tube that Tylenol comes in. Reuseable and hold about a dozen or so.

Re: Elusive - 06/06/01 07:24 PM

I posted this on 3/29:<br><br>I've bought some small bottles with teflon lined top from Barry Schuchart, listed by Doug on this website. 2 sizes. Email him. Pleasant to shop from.<br>This is Doug's listing.<br>BlueLine Outfitters, Inc.<br>774 Fairview Dr.<br>Hanover, PA 17331-9748<br>717-632-7681<br>FAX: 717-632-7681<br>Email: blschuchart@netrax.net<br>(Cutlery, Survival, Military and Law Enforcement Supplies)<br>Or read at this link:<br>http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/001063.html<br><br>Walter<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Elusive - 06/13/01 02:43 AM

www.MajorSurplusNSurvival.com sells 6 heavy aluminum instrument tins @6 for $10.00 They're in the products section under military surplus,ammo boxes.Altoids tins are readily available. There was a concern over the mints themselves,as the calcium base was derived from cattle bone.Some British Physicians expressed concern as 'Mad Cow' is a persistant critter!<br><br>