Latest package from County Comm

Posted by: JohnE

Latest package from County Comm - 07/31/09 04:13 PM

Had a hankerin for a couple of things so I hit up the County Comm website.

Ended up with a nice little Fenix EO1 on sale for 12 bucks in an understated green/olive drab color. First Fenix light I've owned, very nicely put together, bright, lightweight, comes with an extra O ring and tiny split ring to attach it to a keychain, 2 thumbs up.

Couldn't help it, I bought one of their "training compasses" for grins. It's a lensatic type, made from cast aluminum, cost a whopping $11.50. It's a little heavier than I imagined it would be but seems to work well. Time will tell.

And lastly, I couldn't help but pick up 10 more of their tiny little LED flashlights. This time I got the Orange ones, best deal I've found for what they are at a buck apiece. I give these away and keep them around the house for use as needed as well as keeping one in each kit and bag. You can't beat the price.

Not a huge haul but I'm satisfied. Wish their shipping fees were a little less but by using their shopping cart and shipping calculator I can add more stuff to an order while keeping the shipping costs at a minimum.

Posted by: Todd W

Re: Latest package from County Comm - 07/31/09 06:03 PM

Sounds like a fun Haul smile

I love their bags! They fit nicely in my pack to seperate gear to make it lighter if I need to leave some at camp (food pack, fak pack, etC).

Posted by: LED

Re: Latest package from County Comm - 07/31/09 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnE

And lastly, I couldn't help but pick up 10 more of their tiny little LED flashlights. This time I got the Orange ones, best deal I've found for what they are at a buck apiece. I give these away and keep them around the house for use as needed as well as keeping one in each kit and bag. You can't beat the price.

Unless you prefer the CComm slider switch, DealExtreme has 10 fauxtons for $4. I've ordered a bunch and no duds so far.
Posted by: JohnE

Re: Latest package from County Comm - 07/31/09 08:46 PM

Wow, that's cheap. What sort of switch do they have, push button? I've come to like the slider type.
Posted by: LED

Re: Latest package from County Comm - 07/31/09 11:50 PM

They operate just like the Photon II, momentary push button with a "constant on" slider switch. It may take a couple of weeks to get your package, but I guess thats to be expected with free shipping.
Posted by: MDinana

Re: Latest package from County Comm - 08/03/09 01:23 AM

I dunno. I like most of CC, but HATE, absolutely abhor, their shipping.

Ordered one week ago. Still not here. You think for $10 it would have made it by Wednesday.

Otherwise, never had problems with most of their gear. Gave up on their brand of Fauxtons though, as I found they fell apart on me. Don't know if I'm too hard, but whatever... I might try some of the above listed, but still a Streamlight Nano fan (similar to the pico elite from DR).